Treat Killers On Console Differently
Us peasants on console are stuck with joysticks for looking and moving around. This can be horrible on some killers making them totally useless when compared to PC. Like I have seen on many AAA Games, certain assistances are put in place to compensate for the potato aiming mechanics. I’d like to see something like this in DBD, at least with some of the killers.
Comments
Can't you buy a keyboard + mouse to use on a console? I know the PS3 had a keyboard at least, can't remember if it had a mouse too though...
Even tho I understand what you say, I'll tell you one thing :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thaP5Gecj-I
Don't ask for an aim assist to these devs. Unless you like hitting walls and windows. Because the last time they did try to get us one in game, this is what actually happened.
The current "auto-aim" is already very discutable in that regard :
PC can 180º with the Nurse during a short blink to check behind an obstacle for survivors. Console can barely turn 180º after a full blink with the highest sensitivity.
Changes to that sensitivity would mean having to re-learn the Nurse all over again, and I wouldn't want that. I'm just telling it like it is.
I think the origin of this 'auto-aim' is the grab function. The survivor is clearly injured and the game seemed to want and go for a grab instead of a hit. I have this issue too sometimes. Maybe if we bring attention to it a little more they can look at how the grabbing mechanic can be tweaked to prevent this. But this doesn't really have to do with the aiming of the hit.
It has been reported to devs.
It's either a grab issue, or a hit detection issue.
The hit detection in any case is rather faulty at the moment and they're working on it. The issue is well-known, and coming from the fact that the actual hit is delayed compared to the hit detection.
Basically, when you press a button, the game detects if there's a survivor around, or not. If it does, it locks the camera on it (to make it feel like you actually hit him, aka the chainsaw hit is the more visible about this when it comes to that camera shift), and 0,3s later, the hit happens.
If anything happened in that 0,3s frame that makes the survivor to be out of reach (aka sprint burst, a faulty bug like in the previous video, and such), then, you simply miss.