My Problem with many Killers

Character design is rly good.

Ability design is rly good.

Voice design is rly good.

Gameplay design is interesting.

But every killer ability has a "skill" limit.(Except Billy,Nurse and Spirit)





Example:

Survivor "skill" limit is unlimited.

The Pig "skill" limit is 70.

I could be the best pig player in the world,

but I still lose vs survivors with more than 70 "skill".

Comments

  • @LCGaster said:

    I is confused

    And why?

  • I see what you're saying but honestly it's not that simple.

    Even optimal survivors can lose to a mid tier killer such as the pig depending on the pig's build, map, map layout, their spawn location, your spawn location (I usually have better games if I spawn next to my totem because I don't waste time checking on it and also it doesn't get found as quickly), helmet rng in case of the pig etc.


    Winning is not all about skill but also a matter of luck to some degree.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    I see what you're saying but honestly it's not that simple.

    Even optimal survivors can lose to a mid tier killer such as the pig depending on the pig's build, map, map layout, their spawn location, your spawn location (I usually have better games if I spawn next to my totem because I don't waste time checking on it and also it doesn't get found as quickly), helmet rng in case of the pig etc.

    Winning is not all about skill but also a matter of luck to some degree.

    Thats right.

    But the devs could remove the "skill" limit.

    Just rework the abilities with a complex idea.

    Ok yeah I know its not easy.

    I tried it in a discusion,too.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    I see what you're saying but honestly it's not that simple.

    Even optimal survivors can lose to a mid tier killer such as the pig depending on the pig's build, map, map layout, their spawn location, your spawn location (I usually have better games if I spawn next to my totem because I don't waste time checking on it and also it doesn't get found as quickly), helmet rng in case of the pig etc.

    Winning is not all about skill but also a matter of luck to some degree.

    Thats right.

    But they should remove the "skill" limit.

    With some complex killer ability reworks.

  • I'm confused on how can you put skill in numbers.

    You could say that Wraith, my favourite killer, has a skill limit. I got to rank 1 and I never had a game where I killed less than 3 survivors. (Except one time I had to DC because my host family and I had to go to the grandparents).

  • @Yamaoka said:

    I see what you're saying but honestly it's not that simple.

    Even optimal survivors can lose to a mid tier killer such as the pig depending on the pig's build, map, map layout, their spawn location, your spawn location (I usually have better games if I spawn next to my totem because I don't waste time checking on it and also it doesn't get found as quickly), helmet rng in case of the pig etc.

    Winning is not all about skill but also a matter of luck to some degree.

    I agree but it comes down to the % chance of that happening.

    Skill ceiling is not generally done as numbers but more like Tier lists.

    These are normally determined by the mechanics and kit the killer has at their disposal.

    I know i have way more chance of getting out a game with a W vs a Legion then a Nurse.

  • @LCGaster said:

    I'm confused on how can you put skill in numbers.

    You could say that Wraith, my favourite killer, has a skill limit. I got to rank 1 and I never had a game where I killed less than 3 survivors. (Except one time I had to DC because my host family and I had to go to the grandparents).

    Then you are rly lucky and didnt face tryhard SWF teams with optimal playstyle.

  • Sad but true

  • @GraviteaUK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/397023#Comment_397023

    I agree but it comes down to the % chance of that happening.

    Skill ceiling is not generally done as numbers but more like Tier lists.

    These are normally determined by the mechanics and kit the killer has at their disposal.

    I know i have way more chance of getting out a game with a W vs a Legion then a Nurse.

    So all killers should be the same tier level like billy, but not as braindead killer.

  • @ShyN3ko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/397042#Comment_397042

    Then you are rly lucky and didnt face tryhard SWF teams with optimal playstyle.

    Haha. I face them every other game, I love crushing them. They tend to be more altruistic so I never go too far from the hook if I know they are SWF

    Edit: I'm currently rank 8 due to rank reset and me getting back into survivor