what makes a survivor great....

...and what makes them garbo.

https://youtu.be/P-gRXJQra-U


i refuse to play 4 man swf but i have learned to integrate their strategies.  this, after hearing the unabashed justifications for camping/tunneling.  so, hook blocking, taking hits for the wounded and what may ordinarily look like swf antics has become necessary to counter the "new way".  

Comments

  • oops.  not sure how this appeared twice.  my bad.

    mm
  • I have always done this as survivor once I realized I could. I play solo a lot and have been in games with 3 other really good survivors where we all understand what to do and how to do it without really communicating. It's part of the game, the problem is killer get so focused on kills that they think this behavior is always toxic, when in reality it's more like I'm just getting bloodpoints, Benevolence, or just because keeping that survivor alive is beneficial to me in some way. I will take a hit if it means this guy lives, because that means another chase, and that means the last gen will get done. Hell yea I will run in front of you and kiss your fists.

    Again I'm not trying to be toxic, I'm trying to get points and save someone so that I can survive. In contrast, I will straight up let another survivor fully bleed out if I had more chance to pip by waiting for him to die so I can take the hatch. Killers never see this behavior though, because it benefits them when survivors are selfish. Though they will complain about the hatch being unfair, which again they only do because it NEGATIVELY affects them.

    Oh and there are the times where I'm in a crazy long chase and I wanna cash out the Evader, so I will straight up run to any other survivor I find and rat them out. All the better if I know they are the weak survivor of the group. I have no problem leading the murder machine to give you your birthday surprise if it means I escape the chase to live another day AND get a crapton of Evader points. I also have no problem straight up leaving the trial if I can if someone is about to be hooked and that could hurt my Benevolence. I'd rather leave and not take the -10 points thanks. And one time, I straight up used my key on the hatch when there were 2 other survivors left. Didn't even pip only got a safety, just didn't want to deal with the killer anymore because they were really good. IDGAF if you have to do 1 more gen and they are all right next to each other. That's your problem now.

    Again killers would NEVER see this as that bad because me doing all this benefits them in some way. Really watch True he will gladly down/rehook someone then be like "I think this girl is farming her". Well if you think that then don't let her get farmed! Why not go after the guy that's farming and make them suffer for their crime? Nah, just leave them to the end so I can farm everyone else.

    I'm not saying killers have it easy, there are a lot of things going against them, but you have a very narrow view of what's actually going on in the game. I feel if killers could be on the receiving end of survivors AS A SURVIVOR they would get it better.

  • true.  i go the extra mile for randoms myself.  seldom sandbag but i have done it.

    almost lost everything going back for someone on the hook.  sacred to me.  

    https://youtu.be/sL7NzS6uplc
  • I'm not totally scummy as a survivor though. I don't hook farm people or put them into a position where they will die on purpose or sandbag them. If I can help it I will keep them alive, but only if it would benefit me not because I actually care if they escape or not (usually).

  • @thesuicidefox said:
    I'm not totally scummy as a survivor though. I don't hook farm people or put them into a position where they will die on purpose or sandbag them. If I can help it I will keep them alive, but only if it would benefit me not because I actually care if they escape or not (usually).

    The same goes for killers (most of the time).
    We don't tunnel or camp you because we want you to suffer (except when you constantly taunt us, then we want you to burn in hell). We tunnel mostly because it's easier to down an injured suvivor and give him 2nd/3rd hook to remove him from the game. If we see scratch marks around the hook, we will stay or go away and return in a few seconds. If all gens are done we will secure our last kill.

    If we tunnel and/or camp we do it because it is effective (usually).

  • @ShowMeUrBirb said:

    @thesuicidefox said:
    I'm not totally scummy as a survivor though. I don't hook farm people or put them into a position where they will die on purpose or sandbag them. If I can help it I will keep them alive, but only if it would benefit me not because I actually care if they escape or not (usually).

    The same goes for killers (most of the time).
    We don't tunnel or camp you because we want you to suffer (except when you constantly taunt us, then we want you to burn in hell). We tunnel mostly because it's easier to down an injured suvivor and give him 2nd/3rd hook to remove him from the game. If we see scratch marks around the hook, we will stay or go away and return in a few seconds. If all gens are done we will secure our last kill.

    If we tunnel and/or camp we do it because it is effective (usually).

    I buy this for most cases of camping/tunneling. I get it. But when I give you a free hit and you still tunnel/camp the guy I just saved that's when it's not a tactical decision, but one of either a bad killer or a scummy person.

    Also the fact it's easy is a problem considering how rewarding it can be. The game should punish killers that go after just one survivor the whole time over the ones that go after everyone more equally. That shouldn't be a viable _offensive_tactic like it's often used. Defensive, yes it makes sense, but it shouldn't be so rewarding that killers become trained to just do it right off the bat.

  • i think killers should receive less points for survivors dying on the hook while they are within a 32 meter range and receive less points for rehooking someone within 30 seconds.
  • unless, of course...it is swf they are playing against.  swf needs a different set of rules altogether as solo and swf are two completely different experiences.