Overcharge on Freddy?
I was under the impression this was a strong perk for Freddy, since it added a regression penalty to the generators every time someone failed a skill check on the gen to snap out of the dream world. It would help slow the game down by slowing generator progress. However, since I've been using it, I've had people tell me it's a mistake to use Overcharge on Freddy, regardless of the regression penalty, because it just guarantees that survivors will snap out of the dream world when they tap the first gen they see. Since they are going to fail their next skill check to snap out of the dream world anyway, I just thought the regression was a bonus.
Can any Freddy main weigh in on this strategy?
Comments
If you combine it with lullaby its another 6%
And yes, some people say its a mistake. But TrueTalent had some pretty nice Freddy games with Overcharge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOJe10equq4
That's who i got the idea from. He's also at a much higher level than I am, so I didn't know if it was something that required a really strong killer to pull off.
The issue is that, yes, they'll intentionally fail their next skill check, but by using Overcharge, you're giving it to them immediately instead of making them waste time healing themselves or working on a gen at 1/4 speed. If you're able to keep tapping gens and keep people asleep so they continually fail the check, you can stall the match out for as long as you like, but that also means that survivors can force themselves to wake up mid-chase by just tapping any gen that's degrading. As soon as the check fails, they get a free seven seconds to get away or restart the chase in a better position.
Up to you whether you can make use of that stalling, or if it'll just be a free escape for the survivors.
@Huntar I think that was the point that someone was trying to make to me after the match and i was more focused on the gen regression.
@DudeDelicious That was the strategy i was using. It wasnt tough to put someone back into the dream world because i knew their location based on the failed skill check on the gen. At one point, the gens werent even cranking because they had regressed so much.