Immersed vs Aggressive
In a recent video by Ussylis, he talked about why you should play aggressive instead of immersed as it teaches you more about the game itself and interactions with the killer.
I myself am not the greatest in chases but I do like being chased, it feels great to outmindgame the mindgaming killer and escape.
Not a huge fan of hiding around though.
It's an interesting topic, what do you think?
Is playing aggressive better than immersed?
And which of these playstyles do you prefer?
Comments
I think a little bit of both is good it's not good to be too aggressive and it's not good to be too immersed.
It's not about what is better with me. I enjoy the stealthier game style. I can loop but it just is not as fun for me.
depending on your goal
I enjoy both play-styles, but usually I do aggressive play, as it rewards you with more bloodpoints. Plus, switching between play-styles can be highly beneficial. Sometimes, I'll be hiding and repairing generators, and then when the killer chases a survivor near me, I'll suddenly body block the killer when they're about to down my teammate, and it'll confuse the killer a lot. The killer will either engage in a chase with me or continue their chase with the survivor that I have allowed to get a lot more distance.
Like @Susie_ said, it's all very situational. Typically, at the beginning of a match, everyone will be playing immersed, because there's no point in risking an early hook.
Up against nurse then go immersed, any other killer go aggressive.
It's important to know when to play your role, if you're immersed when a survivor is in a chase, you're doing it wrong.
If you're aggressive when another survivor literally knocked down every pallet in the area like there was a seemingly endless supply, prepare to die.
Just know every second in this game counts, down to the millisecond in chase situations
Personally, i run around most of the match so i can get objectives and totems complete in the shortest amount of time, but i know how to make the most of a chase, and i have hook perks in case i go down regardless.
I don’t play aggressive unless the situation calls for it, otherwise I play stealth that way I can get more objectives done other than just evader.
You need a good balance of both, imo.
As said above, it all depend of the situation !
If as a killer i catch you playing utterly agressive, like most survivors do, on the hook you go.
On the hook you stay.
There's a really high chance that the other are gonna act the same, and more often than not nearly instantly, like i don't even have the time to leave the zone.
Why should i waste such an amazing bait ?
Accounting on survivor's mistake, greed, whatever you want, is the killer job.