New rank system doesn't matter = every game should be an epic (BHVR should listen to stupid stremrs)
Hey guys!
First of all I want to greet with a big F all streamers/youtubers who made CLICKBAIT videos about RANK DOESN'T MATTER. I don't care about streamers opinion and they can't impact on Devs like that. They also impact on their viewers who made stupid topics on this forum or another videos on YouTube. Even if You watch that videos You will see that DERANK thing or hate at rank 1 was about toxic killers. Not about rank system at all. This new system made things even worse because these killers tryhard more with their strategy.
It's impossible to play with randoms now. They are farming hooks like crazy. Same about the gens. I got like 3 games minus pip in a row and after that 0 pip cos even if I had 2 red categories then another 2 silver are not enough to plus pip. In this game everyone should do their tasks = objectives, looping, support. Now EVERYONE are force to do EVERYTHING. This is insane!!!!1111!1111!111!
I know myself and yes - Im not the best player of DbD. Agree with that. But on rank 1 I understand the system that it's hard to get +1 but it should be much more easier to keep 0 state like in the version before. Many killers are even more toxic because they don't understand a new system. They are tryhard more cos they used to camp and other toxic stuff.
Future of this game is not esport or other stuff. This game was a product for casual players with passion that they have or big knowledge about perks, builds, mechanics and other stuff. It was nice to play with friends also. Now it's toxic game. I don't have fun if everyone tryhard and they don't using their brains.
This is a straight way of this game to death. But remember Devs - DEATH IS NOT AN ESCAPE so repair this rank system and do some pretty good job.
Thanks a lot for reading!
P.S. Sorry for my english.
Comments
While I disagree with you that rank has been meaningful I agree with what you are saying.
This is why I always said seperate the rank and matchmaking systems.
Leave the rank system alone and make it a monthly acheivement.
Make matchmaking account for more factors so those that derankers to e.g. 12 will still be matched with those in rank 1.
The way it is now makes it even less meaningless and doesn't fix deranking it just makes it easier.
Rank kinda matters for solo survivor I think. There are bad players at red ranks yes but there is a difference between new players and experienced ones.
Having inexperienced teammates is not very good.
twistedmonkey and Eveline I totally agree with You. I've just read not_queen post and it made me mad. Official statement for new rank system is about "community who want that changes". So if few stupid streamers are this community then I don't want to be a part of it. Im also streaming for polish community and many of my new viewers bought this game to play with me or just because they have some fun on my stream and they are really sad that now they would not achieve rank 1 which is not about this game. It shouldn't be a main goal but now it is. It makes people even more angry while playing. Devs should keep old system if they don't know how to make it better. Game should produce some fun. Not negative feelings. You can't just focus on your rank all the time. Come on. There's no prizes for gettin rank 1...
Well tbh the ranking system will make the games a bit more easier for players to a certain extent.
I'm more interested in seeing how a DC affects the match in a purple or red rank match. Even though people like to say their rank doesn't matter. However once you start losing pips for pointless BS it will matter more and more. Also... The Devs are making matter, since the harder system places more meaning on your rank.
When I say it will make it easier to a certain extent I mean... Survivors and killers in the higher ranks are required to perform in certain ways to generate emblem points for each other. Survivors need saves... Killers need survivors to make those saves... This part hear is where those campers and tunnelers lives get easier. You both need something.. so work together to get it.
You know the survivors need those saves... so just wait back 16m till they come in to do it... no bother hunting anymore. Those survivors gen rush you in the higher ranks, they all lost.
Plus if you get put with rank 12-15s after reset then watch the disconnects soar. There's no punishment for a rank 15 disconnector so they do it so often. Every other game someone will d/c within the first 60 seconds. Then you're left playing a losing game.
The new pipping system seems like a BHVR system to discourage Killers from camping and Tunneling and Survivors from Gen Rushing. Survivors can't pip without rescues and getting in chases. Killers need multiple hooks.
Just play the game how you want and have fun. If you pip great if you don't who cares. No reward is waiting for you at Rank 1 and that has been long time players biggest complaint about Rank that has never been addressed.
Last night as both killer and survivor i had less survivors spawn in. I already know i'm most likely not going to pip because of conditions. It is what it is. Accept it or maybe play something else.
fcc2014 all insidious leatherfaces turn into nearcamping nurses. Hook, blink, hook. This is how it works now. To be honest Im writing about randoms. It's almost impossible to play with them but the game is designed to play with randoms also. Maybe players from western europe are better and You got different experience but I can't stand to be farmed and hooked again and again.
The problem is no matter what you can or are capable of doing the outcome is largely in the hands of the other side with how they decide to play.
Someone kills themselves on the hook good by points for both sides, the killer camps removes points you cannot get.
The problem is you cannot force a playstyle on people and expect everyone to adhere to it.
Some play to do gens and get out
Some play to kill
Some play to run the killer as long as possible
Some play to chase and hook
There are so many playstyles and making a system that tries to force each person to do everything doesn't work, it's been proven before as the ranking system rewards goofing around and basically farming.
Killing 4 quickly through no fault of your own just being better doesn't reward you, escaping quickly as there was no pressure again doesn't reward you.
What game doesn't reward you for doing better than expected?
For those killers that only care about how many kills they get regardless of hooks this can keep them in the lower ranks, same with those survivors that like to run the killer, both will just be up against the newer players who get out of the new area.
Seems like it's a fix to the complaints about red ranks being too tryhard (hate that word but it fits for now) now those players will be in New player ranks making it less fun for them.
It's just moving the problem, another band aid and not actually fixing it.
I totally agree. I don't get it, that people are playing only for high rank now. It's not okay for beginners or normal players who just want to have fun. Some randoms can do everything only for pip. As a team we should try to escape together, not farm. The system shouldbe changed, definitely.
Have a good day!
I suspect that BHVR will react slowly, but sooner or later they'll see this system will have one effect: facecamping and slugging killers will stay at lower ranks, so they'll be the ones newbie survivors face first, which is very bad for getting (and keeping) new players.
They'll have to realize: any killer who does a 3-4K in most of his games belongs to higher ranks, regardless whether it's done by camping, slugging, or the fast paced, "hook one and hunt down another, let them save, heal, chase someone else, keep up the pressure, etc" gamestyle, which seems to be the devs' preference. Not without good reason: that's the killer playstyle that results in the most exciting games, but that should be incentivized by game mechanics, not a reward system or ranks.
I honestly worry about it: I don't want casual or new rank 15-ish players to have to put up with slugging billies. Not that you can't find whining, butthurt survivors at high ranks, but in general they are more prepared to deal with scummy but effective tactics.