Bloodbank/Shrine Shop idea
Looking in my character's add-ons, items, and offerings, I notice A LOT of items that I, not only do not use in place of other items, but would prefer to have a bare game than use at all.
My idea is that "A Bloodbank" or "Shrine Shop" could be implemented to where you could buy and sell add-ons, items, and offerings
This could add a new kind of currency to game altogether (Blood Bits), or restrict whatever points you gain from the shop to only be used in the shop
Current Cost: (items from the bloodweb)
Common=3000 bpts
Uncommon=4000 bpts
Rare=5000 bpts
Very Rare=6000 bpts
Ultra Rare=7000 bpts
SELL:
Common=250 bbs
Uncommon=500 bbs
Rare=1000 bbs
Very Rare=1500 bbs
Ultra Rare=2000 bbs
BUY:
Common= 2500 bbs
Uncommon= 5000 bbs
Rare= 10000 bbs
Very Rare= 15000 bbs
Ultra Rare= 20000 bbs
I'm not sure about the numerical values and if it is a good balance, but just curious if the idea overall is sound
Would love some Dev feedback as well
Comments
I REALLY like this idea. Personally not a fan of the "blood bits" idea. I would stick with straight bloodpoints since they're more useful and it would be a good fix for the grind issue. Many, many people including myself feel like the grind for this game is ridiculous and the bloodpoint gain needs to be higher. Also, a lot of people feel like prestiging is worthless since you only get a bloody cosmetic and you don't keep ANY items or get ANY of your hard-earned bloodpoints back...being able to sell them would give you some of your points back AND you'd actually have an incentive to prestige! Win/win situation.
My prices for selling add-ons/items would be:
Common: 250
Uncommon: 500
Rare: 2500
Very Rare: 4000
Ultra Rare: 5000
My prices for buying add-ons/items would be:
Common: 2500
Uncommon: 4000
Rare: 8500
Very Rare: 11500
Ultra Rare: 16500
Most people will be buying rares/very rares/ultra rares and selling commons/uncommons so the values for the common/uncommon things are super low since people tend to have a TON of them they don't use, especially on killer. The grind of the game should be less intense overall but not a cakewalk. I feel like these values would be fair.
I also think event exclusive items should be sold/bought at a higher price by default because they're rarer and more of a novelty to have.
Event Exclusive Flashlights/Medkits (Selling): 25000 (they were pretty uncommon during both events so they should be very valuable since they're just a novelty item)
Event Exclusive Firecrackers (Selling): 2000 (they're a lot more common and you would get 2-5 per bloodweb so they should be sold for a lot less)
Event Exclusive Flashlights/Toolboxes (Buying): 50000
Event Exclusive Firecrackers (Buying): 5000
I feel like bloodpoint offerings shouldn't be able to be sold because there wouldn't be a huge point in selling them. Map offerings should also be more valuble to prevent survivors from buying a bunch of Coldwind/Haddonfield offerings and burning them every game. Splinters, wards, and moris should not be able to be sold.
Map Offerings (Selling): 5000
Map Offerings (Buying): 75000 (I know it's pricey, but again, they SHOULD be pricey because of how powerful they can be.)
Luck/chest/oak/fog/shroud offerings should be the same value as add-ons/items since they aren't near as powerful as map offerings.
Sorry I went totally ham here but the idea of selling/buying is really cool and I would LOVE to see it be implemented.
Thank you for the feedback
The main reason for the idea of Bloodbits is so people aren't using their BP to buy these items; I feel BP should be used for progression and BB used for a fun new exchange experience
If they did use this idea and used BP, I wouldn't be opposed to it; I just think the values should be drastically changed
Also, I agree with your idea of Map Offerings be a different price; my idea is basically a baseline: (The main reason I thought of this idea is because I LOVE playing scratched mirror Myers on Lery's, but can never find Lery's offerings... yet i have all these crappy addons and offerings I don't use) Therefore, I do agree some of the... High demand items... such as Prayer Beads, Iridescent Heads, Lery's, The Game, ect.. should be held at a higher price
I do, however, disagree, that Mori's shouldn't be bought... and that's coming from me, A survivor Main; I feel EVERYTHING should have a price... accordingly, of course.
Once again, thank you for your insight and support
I just hope the Devs get to see this idea and get the gears turning
I made this suggestion(one similar anyway) last year. It didn't get any hits what-so-ever and barely any views lol.
I have so may gray offerings/addons and flashlights(i cant use them)... Please let me sell them... I would gladly cough up just about every item i own for more BPS/Puddings/Cake, so they should in fact be purchasable. No one hurts from burning a BP Offering. But... Buying 50 flashlights for someone who knows how to use them could be problematic lmao
Using Plunders in 30 games ive found 10 skeleton keys, 3 purple keys, 6 iridescent maps, and a plethora of green toolboxes and medkits.
It's hard enough earning Blood Points as a survivor not in a SWF. I dislike high anxiety games so i only play killer when I have rituals.