Dying Light with DS change
Wow, just watched Puppers video with him playing on the PTB with The Plague and using Dying Light with a couple DS users and holy crap...it neuters Dying Light so hard.
Soon as people DS you, it turns off Dying Light until you kill the new Obsession. I mean, it makes sense contextually with the changes...but why would I run a Dying Light build when DS is still prevalent for Survivors....that would nullify what Dying Light builds go for.
First time I've heard talk about Dying Light, was this an oversight or intended? :/ Hate when Perks get nerfed like this. I mean how popular/widely used is Dying Light?
Comments
Honestly Dying Light needs a buff and this needs to be reworked. The only way to make sure you keep DL is to not tunnel. Which works I guess.
I don't think it's a problem, as you should only be tunneling the obsession if you run Dying Light. Once it's proc'd you generally don't need to tunnel a second person because it buys you so much time.
Additionally if you really want to avoid DS after getting DL then just slug survivors. With 3 of them it's a really good tactic and it avoids DS.
DS actually has counterplay now, so I don't think its that much of an issue. The devs basically wanted to make it so DS is much less common, and activated pretty much only when the killer puts themselves in its specific circumstances. Just don't tunnel, and if you have to because its all thats available, just slug and move on and enjoy the lack of pressure that downed survivor is applying. ez.
While the argument is to not tunnel this shouldn't be a nerf to Dying Light. This perk was already hard to get and now it's hard to keep. No one likes tunneling but this perks requires you to tunnel, and now not only do you need to tunnel 1 but now you have to tunnel MULTIPLE Survivors, yay fun.
I'm spreading my rework every time I see this---When the Obsession is injured all other Survivors receive a penalty to action speed, when the Obsession is hooked the penalty increases. This penalty is reversed when the Obsession is unhooked and/or healed. When the Obsession is Sacrificed/Killed all Survivors receive a permanent penalty to action speed of 25%.
This means you can have a cheap penalty the entire match but earn the whole thing when the Obsession dies. Even if the Obsession returns you still benefit from this perk and tunneling isn't necessary.
I think it's fair to remind you that the obsession switches and DS goes off after tunneling. All someone has to do is to not go after the injured/previously hooked person and it won't come back. Otherwise, just keep them on the ground for pressure if you're not sure and go after someone else or pressure gens or just wait around until you think the minute's up.
You only need to tunnel 1, the one that starts with the obsession. If anything, the changes prevent you from tunnelling anyone else, as the punishment is that your progress on the perk is reset. You should be glad you don't have to tunnel anyone else (unless you want to, then you get to tunnel even more! :D )
@HatCreature It would be multiple survivors if you HAVE to tunnel, but you don't. Nothing has changed, unless you make a habit of tunneling, which this perk was redesigned to address. If you're tunneling everyone off hook even after Dying Light is present, you kinda deserve to be d-striked.
This perk was already hard to get and now it's hard to keep. No one likes tunneling but this perks requires you to tunnel, and now not only do you need to tunnel 1 but now you have to tunnel MULTIPLE Survivors, yay fun.
Your rework isn't bad, though. It'd be better if the perk wasn't designed to just remove someone from the game right away. It would feel less tunnely. I know some people will bring in an ivory mori to counter the need to tunnel so much, but it still isn't ideal. I think the boosts should also come during chases, too. Like if you are in chase with the obsession, the gens are affected even a short time after the chase ends if you were to lose the obsession.
Oh I was trying to say if another Obsession entered the match because you rehooked someone in 60 seconds, you'd have to tunnel that new Obsession to get your perk back. I didn't mean to sound like I'd just tunnel anyone/everyone lol
The chase idea sounds really cool, Killers have a lot of perks tied to Gens which feels like a bad design choice but this also being tied to a chase sound really cool since it's the core feature of the game, chasing.
It really doesn't notify you unless you @ the person.
It would be really cool if being in chase with your obsession influenced the gens, along with hooking and killing them off. Doesn't "Dying Light" refer to like a last hope or something? It should impact the match whenever the obsession is going through something rough and it could be a nice defense against gen rushing to have it work while in chase, too. I'm not sure if it'll change with the DS change, but the person with DS is typically a runner, too, so you're wasting less time chasing them that way.
The obsession doesnt change unless you trigger DS. If you hook someone twice in 60 seconds and they don't hit their skillcheck/don't have it/etc than the obsession doesnt change.
Also I agree that a chase based mechanic would be neat. Even if not for Dying Light, having some kind of efficiency penalty for a specific person being chased would be a neat twist.
I think @HatCreature means that if you were to accidentally down and pick up someone with DS. For instance if everyone was injured or the unhooked got healed, but you happened to find them and down them quickly. It can be easy to forget who you last hooked when you're pressured to keep the ball rolling.
@fluffybunny so that's why I haven't been getting notifications for replies! I thought it was my internet or something else completely stupid, I didn't know that changed.
That is true (especially when people match cosmetics on purpose) which is why I usually try to go off of the status icons in the corner more than anything. That said, Its unlikely for someone to get unhooked, healed, hit twice, and picked up all in 60 seconds.... so it only really comes up when injured survivors with similar cosmetics/same character are going for the unhook in the first place.
Actually I should mention, I legit have a hard time making use of MYC for that exact reason. There is no way to know who has it, you just have to be able to get back to the hook area ASAP (while still being out of range during the unhook) and happen to find someone not injured and hit them within 60 seconds. On the Hag it can be fairly easy, but on low mobility killers I can never seem to pull it off.
@HatCreature I think it's more of a bug than a change from what I've heard. Hopefully they fix it soon! I like to know when people are talking to me. xD
@Ryuhi Yeah, it's usually more of an issue when you have multiple people injured. I've never used MYC before (my Pig isn't high enough for the teachable), though I can imagine it'd be difficult to go and find the person. Maybe it's better for scare tactics and if you happen across the person who did the save or wandered back in time for it to go off but to also see them. I'm not sure.
MYC is really good with killers who have high mobility, which is why it tends to synergize well with the hag if she traps around the hook properly, or even windstorm wraith. Its another one of those perks thats kinda bad on the killer who unlocks it, but you know.
Even when you dont get the hit, it DOES make players play a bit more scared/cautious while its active, so there is that at least.
dying light is fine, just bring an ivory mori
DS gets neutered > killers still cry about their "dying light" a perk I haven't even seen in my last 500 games. PLS BHVR BUFF DYING LIGHT ITS NOT AS GOOD AS HEX RUIN WHICH ALSO SUCKS BUT I USE IT ON ALL MY KILLERS ANYWAYS.
xD LMAO, yep, I sure am crying and super upset here
You shouldn't have to bring a Mori for a perk to work though.