Noob PTB Questions

So today I will be going over my lover's place today, and he has Dead by daylight on PC. (Which means access to PTB.) I have several questions however.

1) Do I need to download the PTB separately?

2) Are all killers open or do I need to purchase them? And if so, what do I need to purchase them with?

3) How do I join the PTB?

Sorry for such noob questions I play on PS4.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Sorry but the PTB is only available on PC's at this moment, not on consoles. I do not know if this will change in the future.

    You download the PTB on PC by right clicking on DBD, going to properties, then to Beta's - and on the first drop down box you can opt in to PTB - you do not need any sort of password.

    You do not need to purchase the new Chapter, the killer & survivor are unlocked, but they will need to be levelled up to obtain their perks (these are all unlocked in KYF however).

    The save file on the PTB was taken on the 1st March, so it was whatever was in the account at that time - BP/Shards/Characters etc. And any progress you make on the PTB is not saved when you switch back to the live version.

  • Ptb is downloaded separately but it overwrites your current installation like an update 🙂 there should be instructions on here for that. All the new chapter content is free while on ptb however unowned released dlc is not haha, Ie for example if your boyfriend doesn't have Myers in regular game he won't have it on ptb but he will gain the plague etc for the time of the ptb for free 🙂

  • @Mandy said:

    Sorry but the PTB is only available on PC's at this moment, not on consoles. I do not know if this will change in the future.

    You download the PTB on PC by right clicking on DBD, going to properties, then to Beta's - and on the first drop down box you can opt in to PTB - you do not need any sort of password.

    You do not need to purchase the new Chapter, the killer & survivor are unlocked, but they will need to be levelled up to obtain their perks (these are all unlocked in KYF however).

    The save file on the PTB was taken on the 1st March, so it was whatever was in the account at that time - BP/Shards/Characters etc. And any progress you make on the PTB is not saved when you switch back to the live version.

    @MandyTalk

    I know about that at the moment. I was going to play the PTB on pc. (My lover’s pc) I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear enough :’^