is this a trapper buff
do you think Corrupt Intervention is a trapper buff? Allowing you to take your sweet time placing traps knowing that no gen across the map is getting rushed. And when the effect ends you already have tons of loops trapped ()haven't tested it yet
Comments
Not really. Depending on the map, it could hurt trapper to a degree. I prefer to quickly start setting traps in the area in order to prep it. Lose 2-3 gens in the process, but bog the game down in a nightmare playing field in the meantime.
If 3 gens on the opposite side of the map are locked down, that means I have to travel way over to that side in order to set the field. I'll likely lose a gen or two before two traps are even set. I'd have to see it play out, but I'm not sold on it being a buff. Not without having 2-3 traps to start with. Hard to set traps when you are chasing people off gens from the start.
I think Ruin and CI together is quite powerful, they have 3 Gens they can't do and there's Ruin which slows it down a bit.
But I can see how closing off 3 Gens means that if you place traps around the 4 open Gens you're setting up your traps to get disarmed. And if you trap the Gens that are closed off you're wasting more time setting up an area on the opposite side of the map.
It can actually be a negative, as odd as that sounds.
Forcing survivors closer to the trapper (and the Hag by the same concept), will make it harder for him to place traps in excellent locations that every survivor is unaware of.
Strategically, I play the trap heroes by honeycombing a quadrant, half, or section of the map, and then push into the untrapped areas to herd them into my nests. It's harder if the survivors can counter them or be close enough to view/hear where you're setting up.
No, the perk in itself is weak af, because after the timer ran out, the perk is dead.
It's like a destroyed Ruin, but the survivor don't even have to "waste time" destroying it. They just need to pick different gens, which isn't that hard to do to begin with.
No, it might give him a few more seconds that it takes survivors to run to the next gen (assuming they found a corrupted one first), but that really doesnt help trapper at all if we are honest.
Also if there are survivors nearby when trapper sets up his traps , then they can share that information via voice comms and render his ability useles