Three Small Changes to Put The Plague's Power in the Right Place

There are a handful of changes that should happen to make the Plague attain a little more pressure without tedious gameplay. These are my three ideas to make that happen:

  • Survivors should spread the infection at all stages. Not just 100%. The purpose of the power in my mind is similar to the Hag's, a sort of area denial, and survivors usually aren't going to be 100% infected for that long. This change would allow The Plague to leave survivors AND retain pressure.
  • Objects that become infected should stay infected for a minimum of 30 seconds. Whatever it is right now, it's not long enough. 30 seconds would deny areas for long enough that it makes a difference. They should also work like The Clown's gas, where survivors that become infected actually reduce the time that the object is infected.
  • Survivors can NOT interact with pools of devotion until they a certain amount infected (maybe 75 to 100%). This would also help The Plague apply pressure without making it tedious to follow survivors around, constantly puking on them.

Comments

  • I just opened a similar thread where I address the first 2 points you have listed. The third however is really interesting, maybe that can help too.

  • Survivors interacting with the fountains helps the plague because then she gets her mega power.

  • @NurseMainBTW said:

    I just opened a similar thread where I address the first 2 points you have listed. The third however is really interesting, maybe that can help too.

    I think the last one sort of trickle down balances it all, because by buffing purge AND making the infection un-cleansable until a certain percent, it also indirectly nerfs corrupt purge by making it activate-able less.