I wish the dark devotion was activatable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8z4M-kKROc

I think this is a great missed opportunity to bring horror element back to the game.

If you don't know what dark devotion does, it allows you to transfer your terror radius to the obsession, making you completely silent.

The problem with the perk is that in order to use the perk properly, you need to let the obsession get away, and in that 20 second time frame, do what you can do with the perk.

Letting a survivor get away is not a good idea, you instantly lose your pressure, and not having a terror radius is not the greatest thing in the world. By being careful, survivors can still see you miles away. It will be too situational to use the perk properly, and from what I have seen, killers hate using perks that are situational, they rather use perks that they themselves are in control, not RNG or survivors.

I think that the perk would be much more useful if it worked like the pebble. As you know, when you stay around the killer for 45 seconds without getting into a chase, you get the chance to use the perk whenever you want.

I think it would be too much to give you the chance to use the perk whenever you hit your obsession if you have complete control over the perk. Instead we can nerf it and make it so that the perk becomes activatable when you down the obsession. After that, whenever you want to use the perk, you can press a button and make yourself silent while the obsession emits terror radius.

Activatable dark devotion could be really powerful and I accept it but at this state, I don't see this perk being useful as it is. I would love to see leatherface turning around that corner with no terror radius and charge his chainsaw.

I guess not, I am kinda upset :(

Comments

  • It would be extremely powerful but that sense of tension you'd get if knew the Killer had Dark Devotion.. It'd be like playing against a budget Myers every game.

  • Its main strength if comboing with perks like Unnverving and Coulrophobia. Used on it's own it's completely useless. Otherwise it's a pure combo perk

  • @Kagrenac said:

    Its main strength if comboing with perks like Unnverving and Coulrophobia. Used on it's own it's completely useless. Otherwise it's a pure combo perk

    And how does that make the perk stronger? Unnerving is a pretty useless perk anyway and caulropohbia will just make that the obsession can heal or be healed slower. Really not that big of a deal that you want to waste 2 perk slots for that