Please buff Fire Up as the PTb did not solve the problem.

I posted this in the ptb feedback, but I would like to hear what the community thinks about my idea.


Part of me sees the good side of this change, such as Fire Up now applying when only one gen is complete and it giving you 1% more when all gens are completed. However, you guys have failed to understand the problem with the perk itself, the % value it presents gets outclassed by every other action based perk. Pallet break? Just use brutal strength. Vault speed? Just use Bamboozle. Not only that, but the only way to get much benefit from this perk is if the generators get completed, which means that you are already in a disadvantage when this perk increases in power. Increase the percentage so that it gives us more a reason to use this perk and even consider it to be somewhat viable. Right now it has too much risk than reward.

New Tier III

1 token - 4%

2 tokens - 8%

3 tokens - 12%

4 tokens - 16%

5 tokens - 20%

20% isn't even that much with all things considered so it wouldn't cause any difficulty with the balance of the game, fundamentally speaking. Why is it hard to give this perk some love while Thanatophobia got a much bigger increase percentage wise. Thanatophophobia was actually used to a certain extend, while Fire Up got thrown out once people realized the speed it provided was very miniscule. I doubt the devs will read this, but I hope you guys do consider this change because right now the change did not impact the perk in any meaningful ways. Still look forward to the new content!

PS: If you are worried about it's effectiveness when combined with other action based perks, make it non-stackable.

Comments

  • Yeah the buff was weird and more like a nerf they need to give it a proper buff

  • I was definitely surprised with the buff they made, I get that it's a Jack of All Trades perk when it comes to action speed but the Gen requirement makes it crap. You're only marginally better at everything that doesn't matter at the end of the game, when none of those things matter. All the Gens are done but you can Vault worse than Bamboozle and break pallets worse than Brutal Strength, definitely going to help with stopping those Survivors at the Exit...

    It needs a new effect or take off the Gen requirement. Any suggestions for new effects?

  • It should go up 3% for every hook and reward the killer for doing well rather than poorly. And cap at like 8-10 tokens.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    It should go up 3% for every hook and reward the killer for doing well rather than poorly. And cap at like 8-10 tokens.

    They added my fire up Buff idea of making it 4% stackable instead of 3% when I asked them in the Q&A, still mediocre but I'm happy the devs listened to me.