Disable Clothing Physics for Better Optimization
(I wasn’t really sure where to put this topic so I just put it under general). This wouldn’t be a “by default” thing, but I think it’d be nice to have the option (in an in-game menu) to turn off all clothing/hair physics so that lower end PCs (and maybe consoles) could gain some frames that are taken up by all the different physics based cosmetics in the game. I don’t think this would ruin immersion or provide an unfair advantage because all it would do is stop things from flapping around and provide a nice FPS increase. Sure it won’t effect most people and I know they have the whole optimization roadmap, but this seems like an easier solution to have extra frames at no cost to the gameplay or visual clarity.
Comments
That's like removing textures to make the game balanced
No, because clothing does not effect the fps much, its the maps that do, haddonfield and spring wood drop your fps, I run the most physical clothing in the game, and my fps is fine
P.S Haddonfield also drops ur eardrums
Spring wood and Haddonfield are two of the best running maps for me, the new snow map (sorry can’t remember the name) and The Game run the worst for me, so I guess it just differs by PC?
Also the clothing physics did affect the frames for me; they almost always make my frames dip, especially if the killer or other survivors have a lot of physics based cosmetics. Sure I could just use clothing that doesn’t have physics, but it doesn’t account for the other players and I don’t want to wear things based on how they’ll affect my FPS, I just want to wear the cosmetics I bought. There used to be a point where you could disable the clothing physics through the game files and I did see better FPS while it was in effect, but hey I’m hoping this new optimization update fixes things without having to consider something like this.
I mean textures have a direct impact gameplay that affect what both killers and survivors see, meaning that one could gain an unfair advantage over the other. Clothing physics however don’t give an unfair advantage to either side, you’d simply have better FPS at the cost of goofier looking skirts ; but honestly it’d be worth it if it improves FPS.