A rework for Detective's Hunch to counter to NOED
Perk Detective's Hunch: When completing a Generator, the Auras of Generators, Chests and Totems within 32/48/64 metres are revealed to you for 5 seconds. Additionally, for each Dull Totem and Hex Totem remaining on the Map gain a Token. When a totem is cleansed by you or another survivor, a token is removed. You gain 10% more bloodpoints for cleansing totems.
Since a lot of people were complaining about NOED, I feel like this would be a good counter to it. A lot of people were tossing around the idea of a totem counter and since Detective Tapp's perks aren't the best, why not let the detective character have a hunch at how many totems are left in the trial as well?
What do you guys think?
Comments
I think that totems are already easily found.
Even so, the perk itself is quite useless and I think adding a counter to how many totems are left would help improve it greatly. Also the totems on the Game map are pretty hard to find.
They will add totem count I think.
I use Detective's Hunch as it helps nab nearby totems without effort or undecided if I have missed one in the area.
Adding a counter to the perk itself for totems wouldn't be a broken addition. I assumed the counter would be to the survivors general HUD if it were ever implemented.
Like Thrill of the Hunt has a totem counter. A survivor perk having the same counter can't be too hard to add onto it.
Though I feel the perk adds plenty of totem finding power without the need for a counter, it wouldn't be a broken (OP) addition.
I like the uncertainty of how many are left, both as survivor & killer. The thought of potential danger cause I didn't find all 5 adds some suspense to the endgame. Not that finding totems is hard, but as killer having survivors give up to do gens or gamble that the rest of the team did them is the only way to get any use out of them. Personally I recommend against using hexes, but a counter is a sure fire way to be made useless.