Endgame Base-Kit mori
I think the killer needs something in endgame to reward fair play.
Some of us know it, you 2hooked every survivor by not tunneling and not proxycamping the hook, the gens pop and gates get opened. There you go mr, you can go afk because there's no way you're getting a kill with BT currently unless you're leatherface, Billy or Nurse.
Now instead of being rewarded for non-toxic play that survivors claim they want, killers are being punished with the sour feeling of not even getting a single kill. Did we pip? Absolutely but that's not the point, the hatch also spawns even when you pipped as a survivor.
The miserable feeling of getting bodyblocked by 3 people and not having a choice in doing anything with any of the non-1hit down killers is what breeds toxic behaviour in the first place so here's my suggestions for killers who did good.
Doing 2 gens is about 30% of the Progression of the game at which point a survivor deserves a hatch in the dev's eyes, he doesn't even have to do them themselves so let's keep that in mind.
I'm suggesting killers need to hook everybody at least once which is 30% of his overall kill goal and it's similarly spread out to doing different gens instead of genprogression.
Now if the killer downs somebody the killer get's a free Pseudo-Yellow mori, a single execute that only works once.
You have 10 seconds to start the mori animation (if survivors want to block hits they can do so but everybody will be wounded afterwards and the guy going down would need to go down at a window or pallet to not get mori'd after) or this pitty-kill gets deactivated in case you want to slug people and think you have a chance at endgame. Once the killer does this the entity opens the gates for the remaining survivors (to prevent snowballing with Remember me and stuff like bloodwarden, if you want to snowball at this point then don't mori and just leave him slugged).
This suggestion goes in line with the devs wanting moris to become a part of a killer's basekit instead of just coming from offerings or the very rare 5 devour hope stacked hexperk.
I'm going to elaborate on this later.
What do you guys think.
Comments
I forgot to mention that the entity at this point would also destroy every hexperk, so no NOED if you chose to get that pitty-kill NOED will be a 1 time down only. Rancor should still work tho but it's unlikely you'd catch a rancor.
I'm working on an essay at the moment, not full time so it will take a while to complete, but I've just finished covering the core game mechanics such as escaping. I had an idea which would make hatch a more balanced mechanic. I wont copy and paste the whole part, unless you really want me to, but it had to do with chests and finding a key which would be a garunteed spawn at one or two survivors left. That the standard chest amount would be increased from three to five, or possably seven.
The hatch doesn't need changes except maybe closing once both gates are open so survs don't Dick around looking for it wasting time for a measly 2k BP. Even then removing the BP bonus from the hatch if gates are open would be enough. This thread isn't about the hatch.
How can you make a thread titled "Hatch Mechanic" and say it's not about the hatch? Not to be rude, but are for real right now? That is top tier stupid right there. Then you talk about getting frustrated by not having a 1-hit during bodyblocks, and in your comment you complain about 1-hit? I'm sorry but something doesn't add up here. What you're suggesting is to give killers an easy kill with hatch, not to balance it. Furthermore why would you "elaborate on it later"? why not just tell us now, and I would like you to elaborate as I found this thread quite hard to follow. You don't want survivors to stay around, but you dont want to keep NOED? You want killers to have better endgame, but you make hatch easier to get? I'm sorry, but I find your suggestion to be too complicated, and not fair to either side.
I think you need to read my thread again. I talk about a mechanic similar to the hatch for killers in ENDGAME. The mechanic has nothing to do with any game where the hatch would be a concern