Got a question for veteran DBD players.

I was rolling random wiki pages of the Dead by Daylight wiki when I got sent to the 1.4.0 patch notes.

I noticed that in the balance section it was mentioned that hitboxes were changed. Does anyone have any context for that?

Comments

  • I guess it was the change when killers and survivors got different sized hitboxes which resulted in the exploit (nowadays called feature) looping which means that survivors can cut corners tighter than killers.

    Additionally it screwed over trapper since survivors can bypass his traps, but he woudl get stuck if taking the same pathing

    What was the original purpose of that change though? I cant remember tbh

  • @Master said:
    I guess it was the change when killers and survivors got different sized hitboxes which resulted in the exploit (nowadays called feature) looping which means that survivors can cut corners tighter than killers.

    Additionally it screwed over trapper since survivors can bypass his traps, but he woudl get stuck if taking the same pathing

    What was the original purpose of that change though? I cant remember tbh

    Eaxactly this.

  • @RSB said:

    @Master said:
    I guess it was the change when killers and survivors got different sized hitboxes which resulted in the exploit (nowadays called feature) looping which means that survivors can cut corners tighter than killers.

    Additionally it screwed over trapper since survivors can bypass his traps, but he woudl get stuck if taking the same pathing

    What was the original purpose of that change though? I cant remember tbh

    Eaxactly this.

    Do you remember what BHVR was trying to achieve with the change?

  • @Master said:

    @RSB said:

    @Master said:
    I guess it was the change when killers and survivors got different sized hitboxes which resulted in the exploit (nowadays called feature) looping which means that survivors can cut corners tighter than killers.

    Additionally it screwed over trapper since survivors can bypass his traps, but he woudl get stuck if taking the same pathing

    What was the original purpose of that change though? I cant remember tbh

    Eaxactly this.

    Do you remember what BHVR was trying to achieve with the change?

    Nope, but this change made me take a break from DbD up to v1.8.

    It was, probably, one of those changes nobody ever wanted and needed, but they still did it, like breaking up the sounds in game, or getting rid of a way better graphic shaders from the beta

  • @RSB said:

    Nope, but this change made me take a break from DbD up to v1.8.

    It was, probably, one of those changes nobody ever wanted and needed, but they still did it, like breaking up the sounds in game, or getting rid of a way better graphic shaders from the beta

    do you have a link to where i can find what beta graphics looked like?

  • Isn't that back when they buffed killers so that they can hit 360's?

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    @RSB said:

    Nope, but this change made me take a break from DbD up to v1.8.

    It was, probably, one of those changes nobody ever wanted and needed, but they still did it, like breaking up the sounds in game, or getting rid of a way better graphic shaders from the beta

    do you have a link to where i can find what beta graphics looked like?

    I can't search for it right now, but when you search for it, you will definetly recognise it, even the pallets looked a lot better.