Bringing back an old killer suggestion I made back on the Steam forum...

As the title says, this is something I made for the Steam forum, a long, long time ago. Elements of it seem to have been incorporated into other killers, but I'm hoping the devs will take notice of this and incorporate the killer as-is (or with minor changes).
Note that because this suggestion is so old, some things might no longer be relevant. It is a simple copy/paste, after all.

No flavor text for anything because I suck at those. This would require you (devs) to implement that "interaction highlight" thing you referred to a while back, wherein the object you're going to interact with becomes highlighted.

Killer:
I'm thinking a scaly quadruped with a sharp, prehensile tail.

Weapon:
The weapon could be the tail itself, with the animation being a stab similar to the Shape's, and then shaking the weapon to get the blood off.
To break pallets, this killer would slap his/her/its tail on it twice.

Ability:
The killer can put up poles, similarly to the Trapper's traps, that enable him/her/it to jump from one to the next, similarly to the Nurse's blinks. While on the poles, he/she/it has a slightly bigger visual range. However, he/she/it can only see in a 180º angle, depending on which side of the pole he/she/it jumped on.

Alternatively, the poles could be randomly placed on the map, but the killer can turn up to 270º on them.

While on the poles, the killer's vision becomes clearer and brighter (think Shadowborn II, but slightly weaker), and the killer can pounce on survivors, instantly putting them in the dying state. The killer's terror radius is also reduced to zero while on the poles. The pounce radius is 5 meters.

While on the ground, however, the killer is the same height as a crouching survivor, with the FoV reduction that that implies, but also the ability to creep up on survivors by hiding in tall grass and whatnot.

When he/she/it jumps on a pole, it sends out a "clank" that can be heard throughout the map, similarly to the Wraith's bell. Jumping on a pole requires a few seconds of "warmup", depending on the distance to the pole.

Poles cannot be sabotaged, but neither can they be relocated. The killer has a limited supply of these (4 by default).

Poles are placed by the killer ripping off his/her/its own tail and shoving it into the ground. This takes as much time as the Trapper's traps and sends an audible, nondirectional signal in the form of a pained roar.

After jumping to a pole, the killer has a short period wherein he/she/it is tired and is unable to look around or jump to another pole. Like the Nurse's blinks, this depends on how big the jump was.

Perks (slashes denote different rarities of the same perk):
1. You can vault {10/15/20}% faster
2. Your terror radius is reduced by {5/8/10} meters
3. You move {5/7/10}% faster in tall grass while chasing a survivor

Add-ons (slashes denote different rarities of the same type of add-on):
1. Pouncing is {10/15/20}% faster (stacks with Tinkerer)
2. When a survivor gets within a {2/4/6} meter radius of a pole, you can see their aura for {1/2/3} seconds
3. You can jump onto poles {10/15/20}% faster
4. You can place poles {5/10/15}% faster (stacks with Tinkerer)
5. You can place 1 additional pole
6. Pole fatigue lasts {5/10/15}% less (stacks with Tinkerer)
7. Your pounce radius is increased by {2/4/6} meters, but your pounce speed is decreased by {15/20/25}%

Map:
Something with a lot of trees, "paths" of tall grass, walls, and windows. Like a mixture of Shelter Woods and Haddonfield.

Other:
Due to this killer's "theme" being mobility, he/she/it could slither under pallets to keep chasing a survivor. This interaction would count as "vaulting", and thus the first perk would buff this.
This killer cannot lunge. Instead, his/her/its normal attack range is somewhere between the other killers' and a lunge.

Comments

  • Perk 3 wont work on all maps but I like the idea, just needs to get some updating to be like the current game

  • @Hoodedfengm1n said:
    Perk 3 wont work on all maps but I like the idea, just needs to get some updating to be like the current game

    Note that perk 3 shouldn't work on every map. Increasing movement speed is a big buff. I took that into account when creating it, which is why it only works on grass and not corn.

  • @Orion said:

    @Hoodedfengm1n said:
    Perk 3 wont work on all maps but I like the idea, just needs to get some updating to be like the current game

    Note that perk 3 shouldn't work on every map. Increasing movement speed is a big buff. I took that into account when creating it, which is why it only works on grass and not corn.

    Oh makes sense

  • Pretty decent I suppose, so I guess that this killer would not have a pallet break ability? Or is pallet breaking a seperate button to press? Overall I like the idea. Pretty unique, not sure about balance though, too tired to determine how op a killer like this could be.

  • @Shad03 said:
    Pretty decent I suppose, so I guess that this killer would not have a pallet break ability? Or is pallet breaking a seperate button to press? Overall I like the idea. Pretty unique, not sure about balance though, too tired to determine how op a killer like this could be.

    It's under the "Weapon" bit. The killer would whip his/her/its tail on pallets twice to break them.

  • @Orion said:

    @Shad03 said:
    Pretty decent I suppose, so I guess that this killer would not have a pallet break ability? Or is pallet breaking a seperate button to press? Overall I like the idea. Pretty unique, not sure about balance though, too tired to determine how op a killer like this could be.

    It's under the "Weapon" bit. The killer would whip his/her/its tail on pallets twice to break them.

    I was too tired to see. Thanks for telling me though.

  • @Shad03 said:

    @Orion said:

    @Shad03 said:
    Pretty decent I suppose, so I guess that this killer would not have a pallet break ability? Or is pallet breaking a seperate button to press? Overall I like the idea. Pretty unique, not sure about balance though, too tired to determine how op a killer like this could be.

    It's under the "Weapon" bit. The killer would whip his/her/its tail on pallets twice to break them.

    I was too tired to see. Thanks for telling me though.

    I wasn't sure if I'd removed it or not, TBH. I had to go back and read it again.

  • I don't think another perk to vault things faster or another killer that ignores pallets would be good for the game. also forcing people to have a bigger fov can hurt players with lower framerate.

    it sounds interesting tho, reminds me of the hunter from l4d and that was my favorite special infected.

    what's the movement speed of the killer? is there a stun/cooldown after you pounce and hit/miss a survivor? and that no lunge sounds like it'll hurt a lot. and lastly, what about maps like the game or lerys? does the killer just suffer?

    idk how old this suggestion is so I'm not sure what you have and haven't taken into account
  • @artist said:
    I don't think another perk to vault things faster or another killer that ignores pallets would be good for the game. also forcing people to have a bigger fov can hurt players with lower framerate.

    it sounds interesting tho, reminds me of the hunter from l4d and that was my favorite special infected.

    what's the movement speed of the killer? is there a stun/cooldown after you pounce and hit/miss a survivor? and that no lunge sounds like it'll hurt a lot. and lastly, what about maps like the game or lerys? does the killer just suffer?

    idk how old this suggestion is so I'm not sure what you have and haven't taken into account

    Low framerate is a matter of optimization, low specs, or a combination of the two. The former is a reason to delay the release of this hypothetical killer, but not a reason to cancel it outright.

    For movement speed, let's go with 115%, in theory.
    Yes, there'd be a short cooldown after missing, similarly to a missed attack, but not after a successful pounce.
    No lunge, but the attack is between a quick attack and a lunge. It should work out, I think.
    I don't know about those maps, since they didn't exist when I made this suggestion. This is just to get people's opinions before I rework the killer to fit indoor maps.

    This suggestion is from late 2016, IIRC, before the Hag came out.