I’m a little nervous people are counting eggs before they hatch
I want to believe this will be a great ds change for everyone involved. I think BHVR is definitely on the right track with it in regards to making it more anti tunnel and less free escape.
But I can’t help but worry that while everything sounds good on paper, in reality it’s going to be hell for killers and just destroy the endgame.
I would not be surprised if sweat with friends decide to do a Bt/ds/adrenaline/hope or no one left behind or deliverance build with toolboxes to rush and just get out of jail free because the killer literally can’t touch them.
I am also concerned about killer obsession perks being neutered. It’s not fair you can put a lot of work into your obsession perk only for survivors to go “psych!” and all that work went down the drain.
Ds should not be able to work once the exit gates are up. Obsession switching either should be nixed or killer perks like Dying Light need to be exponentially more powerful the more obsessions are in play. And I still think killers should get a visual notification when ds is in play so there’s less mind gymnastics for killers who are already under pressure to find survivors and stop gens from booting up.
But I can’t help but worry that while everything sounds good on paper, in reality it’s going to be hell for killers and just destroy the endgame.
I would not be surprised if sweat with friends decide to do a Bt/ds/adrenaline/hope or no one left behind or deliverance build with toolboxes to rush and just get out of jail free because the killer literally can’t touch them.
I am also concerned about killer obsession perks being neutered. It’s not fair you can put a lot of work into your obsession perk only for survivors to go “psych!” and all that work went down the drain.
Ds should not be able to work once the exit gates are up. Obsession switching either should be nixed or killer perks like Dying Light need to be exponentially more powerful the more obsessions are in play. And I still think killers should get a visual notification when ds is in play so there’s less mind gymnastics for killers who are already under pressure to find survivors and stop gens from booting up.
Comments
Whereas Killers with perks such as Dying Light, and Survivors who run OoO can get builds and strategies screwed over because Kill3rH8er got himself hooked. I feel like a lot of players are going to get mad over this "obsession switcheroo" thing.
The upside is it improves Rancor. Anyone who dares to DS you now is going to get bit in the ass with karma if those gens get powered.
Could be possible. End game might be sucky sometimes.. but What if the killer had Rancor, Enduring and Blood Warden?
How so?... The only one were it could be bad is Dying Light, I don't see the other ones being so "neutered".
Def gonna be an interesting PTB this time around.
It might sound unfair but really it would be no different to when a survivor gets the 'Exposed' timer on their screen.
Exactly! I don't understand people saying it's going to be useless, It's still a very strong perk.
This is why they can't touch the 3 second stun time, Enduring is the only sure way to counter the new DS, and even still they have a chance to get away, If not then it's basically a buff and free escapes end game when combined with BT and/or adrenaline if the killer doesn't have rancor.
Either way, we'll know for sure when the PTB comes around.
That's a lot.... new killer, survivor... new perks... a reworked perk, freddy, end game, new map... if all of this comes when the ptb drops