Dying Light change idea
In my opinion, Dying Light has always been a bad Perk that encourages a ######### playstyle, and with the new DS changing the obsession, its effects can be reversed. I think there should be a rework to its slowdown to nullify this so that it comes in stages.
Dying Light:
You become obsessed with one Survivor. Your obsession’s altruistic action speed is increased by 30/40/50%.
-While the obsession is injured, all other Survivors receive a repair, healing, and sabotage penalty of 3/4/5%.
-While the obsession is dying, all other Survivors receive a repair, healing, and sabotage penalty of 8/9/10%.
-While the obsession is hooked, all other Survivors receive a repair, healing, and sabotage penalty of 13/14/15%.
-When the obsession has been killed or sacrificed, all other Survivors receive a repair, heal, and sabotage penalty of 15/20/25%.
Dying Light:
You become obsessed with one Survivor. Your obsession’s altruistic action speed is increased by 30/40/50%.
-While the obsession is injured, all other Survivors receive a repair, healing, and sabotage penalty of 3/4/5%.
-While the obsession is dying, all other Survivors receive a repair, healing, and sabotage penalty of 8/9/10%.
-While the obsession is hooked, all other Survivors receive a repair, healing, and sabotage penalty of 13/14/15%.
-When the obsession has been killed or sacrificed, all other Survivors receive a repair, heal, and sabotage penalty of 15/20/25%.
Comments
Exactly the change I was thinking. No one uses Dying Light because of how bad it currently is. This change would make its impact be seen earlier in the game and get increasingly worse as the game goes on.
I'm glad other people are coming up with the same idea, the more this gets around the better. I never had percentages in my version, these seem right because you would want to pair with Thana and having roughly the same percentage until they die stack well together, this is nice.
I still dont understand why dying light is even buffing the survivor ( quite strongly i might add).
But your thanatophobia -like rework is solid. Especially te escalating strenght the more "in danger" the obsession is.
I made something similiar, with an additional small timed penalty whenever survivors witness ( LoS /proximity based) the obsession getting hurt/downed/hooked.
I seriously hope theyll rework the obsession perks or even the status in itself. Obsession should be undesireable even without killer obsession perks. ( for example imagine rancors mori or dying light were defaulted to being the obsession)