Something is wrong with the RBT
If the survivors wears a active beartrap, then the next Jigsaw box has the right key.
I have this feeling ingame.
Maybe Im wrong, but its rly weird.
I played pig with RBT addons.
Extra Jigsaw box, less time, etc....
And every time, they find instant the right key, if the reverse beartrap is active.
Can someone pls check this in the source code?
Comments
It isn't. I've had games where my key was in the last box I check.
Was the RBT active?
I'm pretty sure this is superior dumb luck that the Survivors had found their key. If not, well, there might be another bug to add to the list.
Most of the time, yes. The box is chosen at random when the helmet is applied. Most of the add-ons that affect the boxes either make it longer to take off or add another box to check through. It's usually based on luck if you get the right box the first time.
I know that.
But my feeling tells me a bug.
Play pig for a few games.
They find the keys rly fast.
STALKER!!!
But yeah.
I just want no game breaking bug in DbD.
XD Nah fam, just happen to be around. -puts my camera away-
Mm. Gather evidence and such, test it in KYF if you can, then send the videos and such to someone who can review and fix it.
I dont have friends XD
Didn't someone play a few hundred games of default Pig and took statistics of when the survivors got off their traps?
First box had a solid 50% chance to be the one with the key.
It was like 50% > 25% > 12.5% > 12.5% (rounded for simplicity).
The Source code could give this informations.
I just try asking the devs, because i dont want a game breaking pig bug.
We know that the way the traps work, the game randomly picks one box to put the key in when someone gets a RBT slapped onto their head. You could pray to the Entity and arrange your perks like a pentagram all you want, but unless you search through the box that was designated as the correct one, you're not gonna find a key in there. It's not like the game could accidentally be setting the box's chances of success at 100% because that's not how the boxes work.
The only way the game could be bugging out in that regard is if the game was somehow designating EVERY box as the one with the key. Considering that I've managed to get a Kill with an RBT as recently as two days ago (with the Annotated Plan, no less), I struggle to believe that the game is catastrophically bugging out that badly.