For the love of god get rid of ranks!
Like the title says, please remove ranks. The matchmaking system is killing this game. The inability to que with friends and enjoy this game together is making people go elsewhere! We don’t need people to say play killer, because we do that. That doesn’t address the social aspect that brings people together. If ranks were removed then all people would be able to have some games where the survivors are better and others where the killer was better. But the main point is people would be able to play! Some of us have responsibilities that don’t allow us to play all the time, we have limited playtime. How long do you expect us to use that time in a lobby simulator? This is on all mediums, but especially console players. I have invested time and money in this game and it’s sad that I’m losing interest because I can’t even play the game. A plea for help. (FYI I have been rank 1 killer and survivor). So please don’t say the fix to this is play killer because it’s not and KYF gets old.
Comments
I would agree if it weren't for the fact that then the newer players would get stomped by the veteran players. Que times have been atrocious for me as killer (I'm at rank 1 right now) and I normally only have time to play on weekends. I just want faster lobbies at high ranks. Maybe it's just rank reset tho, idk.
I think it's fine that the game has a learning curve, you can't expect to immediately be skilled at a game when you start playing. I'm just saying that maybe it's not a great idea to have veterans with noobs because then they'll just get turned off from the game leaving the devs less players to actually keep the game alive.