I say keep the banning in waves, but..

Maybe once dedicated servers roll around add in temporary bans for consecutive d/C's? After seeing a recent post where Not_queen explained the reasoning behind banning in waves and not revealing their threshold for the bans (in order for the system to not be abused) I completely understand it. While I don't disagree with the systems methodology, I do think when dedicated servers come out that It might be a good idea to implement a automated system "separate" from the Normal permaban system, in which if people D/C consecutive matches they will then be punished.
I know this is a greatly debated topic and I respect the devs decisions for their system, I just believe a harsher hand might need be dealt on an automated basis. 
Leave the perma bans to waves and people qualified to make the decisions based on ratios of D/C to staying in game, but give a warning to people enroaching on the system and temp ban them if they start approaching the old threshold? I'm not sure exactly how this should be dealt with, and I pain the devs having to make such a decisions, but I think that if an automated system is in place as well as the old system, it would help to dissuade people from wanting to D/C

Comments

  • I personally would simply add a timer before you can search a match again (basically like the 5 seconds after you dodged a lobby) and each time you DC multiple times in a row it goes longer and longer. 
  • Not a bad idea tbh @HavelmomDaS1 Though i'd say it should be more then 5s but start after a few D/c's if that makes sense?
    so like after 5 D/C's you have to wait 5 minutes, and after every consecutive d/c until you can match the amount of D/c;s with played games it adds 5 minutes?

  • Not a bad idea tbh @HavelmomDaS1 Though i'd say it should be more then 5s but start after a few D/c's if that makes sense?
    so like after 5 D/C's you have to wait 5 minutes, and after every consecutive d/c until you can match the amount of D/c;s with played games it adds 5 minutes?

    Make that 5 to 2 or 3
  • Probably like 5 minutes for first DC. Then second DC triples to 15. Third is 30. Fourth is 24 hour ban.
  • They'll probably still do bans in waves but for the escalated ones those will happen probably on the spot and won't wave for the weekly waves to hit.