More Dying State Changes

TL;DR
I don't know how to summarize this thread to be honest. However, it's not that long so don't worry, just skim read over everything! :)

Warning: If you have not checked out my previous dying state QoL change then this thread might not make sense to you. Please give it a quick read so you'll understand how this new system will work.

Link: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41212/small-qol-dying-state#latest

Dying State Changes:

You know that moment when you recover from dying state and you instantly stand on your two legs as if you could've done that all along? Let's change that!

Whenever you recover by yourself, the survivor will go through a short animation. The survivor will use their hands to move their body into a position where they can use their knees to stand themselves back up. This will take anywhere between 3 to 5 seconds since after all, you were just dying on the floor.

If a teammate helps you recover then they will grab your arm and pull you back to your feet taking a solid 3 seconds to complete. Then, if they so please, they can continue to heal you like normal.

Would this be an okay feature to dying state?

Comments

  • Actually this sounds pretty good killers need more time 
  • considering how un-fun slugging killers are to the majority of survivors who dont like playing an intermittent waiting game, the addition of a time consuming animation (especially against nurse) would result in a a considerable spike in such games. While i'm all for little details like animations, i would prefer if you kept normal momentum during such. Maybe the animation could happen during the 5% buffer and you're locked into it? just my personal opinion

  • @Nickenzie said:
    TL;DR
    I don't know how to summarize this thread to be honest. However, it's not that long so don't worry, just skim read over everything! :)

    Warning: If you have not checked out my previous dying state QoL change then this thread might not make sense to you. Please give it a quick read so you'll understand how this new system will work.

    Link: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41212/small-qol-dying-state#latest
    Dying State Changes:

    You know that moment when you recover from dying state and you instantly stand on your two legs as if you could've done that all along? Let's change that!

    Whenever you recover by yourself, the survivor will go through a short animation. The survivor will use their hands to move their body into a position where they can use their knees to stand themselves back up. This will take anywhere between 3 to 5 seconds since after all, you were just dying on the floor.

    If a teammate helps you recover then they will grab your arm and pull you back to your feet taking a solid 3 seconds to complete. Then, if they so please, they can continue to heal you like normal.

    Would this be an okay feature to dying state?

    Agreed, its 3 times easier to pick someone up of dying state so slugging has become really difficult.
    Id like to see such an animation

  • Master said:

    @Nickenzie said:
    TL;DR
    I don't know how to summarize this thread to be honest. However, it's not that long so don't worry, just skim read over everything! :)

    Warning: If you have not checked out my previous dying state QoL change then this thread might not make sense to you. Please give it a quick read so you'll understand how this new system will work.

    Link: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41212/small-qol-dying-state#latest
    Dying State Changes:

    You know that moment when you recover from dying state and you instantly stand on your two legs as if you could've done that all along? Let's change that!

    Whenever you recover by yourself, the survivor will go through a short animation. The survivor will use their hands to move their body into a position where they can use their knees to stand themselves back up. This will take anywhere between 3 to 5 seconds since after all, you were just dying on the floor.

    If a teammate helps you recover then they will grab your arm and pull you back to your feet taking a solid 3 seconds to complete. Then, if they so please, they can continue to heal you like normal.

    Would this be an okay feature to dying state?

    Agreed, its 3 times easier to pick someone up of dying state so slugging has become really difficult.
    Id like to see such an animation

    My intentions was to add a realistic factor but if it helps slugging, oh well it's not going to change the meta. Besides, if you was dying on the floor and the next second you're on your feet like a soldier then survivors must have some kind of super powers.
  • I like that, it basically reverts the (imo stupid) slugging nerf the devs introduced with 99% self recovering.
  • I don't like this.

    I don't want them to buff or nerf slugging anymore. It is good where it is right now. This is why I didn't like your previous change where you could get yourself back to feet on your own with medkit etc.

    Slugging is already powerful and have counters. I don't think it needs a change right now.

  • Nickenzie said:
    Master said:

    @Nickenzie said:
    TL;DR
    I don't know how to summarize this thread to be honest. However, it's not that long so don't worry, just skim read over everything! :)

    Warning: If you have not checked out my previous dying state QoL change then this thread might not make sense to you. Please give it a quick read so you'll understand how this new system will work.

    Link: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41212/small-qol-dying-state#latest
    Dying State Changes:

    You know that moment when you recover from dying state and you instantly stand on your two legs as if you could've done that all along? Let's change that!

    Whenever you recover by yourself, the survivor will go through a short animation. The survivor will use their hands to move their body into a position where they can use their knees to stand themselves back up. This will take anywhere between 3 to 5 seconds since after all, you were just dying on the floor.

    If a teammate helps you recover then they will grab your arm and pull you back to your feet taking a solid 3 seconds to complete. Then, if they so please, they can continue to heal you like normal.

    Would this be an okay feature to dying state?

    Agreed, its 3 times easier to pick someone up of dying state so slugging has become really difficult.
    Id like to see such an animation

    My intentions was to add a realistic factor but if it helps slugging, oh well it's not going to change the meta. Besides, if you was dying on the floor and the next second you're on your feet like a soldier then survivors must have some kind of super powers.
    daily reminder dead by daylight is a video game and does not relate to real life
  • artist said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Master said:

    @Nickenzie said:
    TL;DR
    I don't know how to summarize this thread to be honest. However, it's not that long so don't worry, just skim read over everything! :)

    Warning: If you have not checked out my previous dying state QoL change then this thread might not make sense to you. Please give it a quick read so you'll understand how this new system will work.

    Link: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41212/small-qol-dying-state#latest
    Dying State Changes:

    You know that moment when you recover from dying state and you instantly stand on your two legs as if you could've done that all along? Let's change that!

    Whenever you recover by yourself, the survivor will go through a short animation. The survivor will use their hands to move their body into a position where they can use their knees to stand themselves back up. This will take anywhere between 3 to 5 seconds since after all, you were just dying on the floor.

    If a teammate helps you recover then they will grab your arm and pull you back to your feet taking a solid 3 seconds to complete. Then, if they so please, they can continue to heal you like normal.

    Would this be an okay feature to dying state?

    Agreed, its 3 times easier to pick someone up of dying state so slugging has become really difficult.
    Id like to see such an animation

    My intentions was to add a realistic factor but if it helps slugging, oh well it's not going to change the meta. Besides, if you was dying on the floor and the next second you're on your feet like a soldier then survivors must have some kind of super powers.
    daily reminder dead by daylight is a video game and does not relate to real life
    @artist
    Wow, thank you for the amazing feedback! You definitely told me why you disagreed with my idea, great job! :)
    Delfador said:

    I don't like this.

    I don't want them to buff or nerf slugging anymore. It is good where it is right now. This is why I didn't like your previous change where you could get yourself back to feet on your own with medkit etc.

    Slugging is already powerful and have counters. I don't think it needs a change right now.

    @Delfador
    Honestly speaking, I don't think a few seconds would hurt. However, if it does more harm than what I think, I wouldn't be opposed with decreasing the times since after all, my goal is to add a realistic factor to picking yourself up, not buff slugging.
  • Nickenzie said:
    artist said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Master said:

    @Nickenzie said:
    TL;DR
    I don't know how to summarize this thread to be honest. However, it's not that long so don't worry, just skim read over everything! :)

    Warning: If you have not checked out my previous dying state QoL change then this thread might not make sense to you. Please give it a quick read so you'll understand how this new system will work.

    Link: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41212/small-qol-dying-state#latest
    Dying State Changes:

    You know that moment when you recover from dying state and you instantly stand on your two legs as if you could've done that all along? Let's change that!

    Whenever you recover by yourself, the survivor will go through a short animation. The survivor will use their hands to move their body into a position where they can use their knees to stand themselves back up. This will take anywhere between 3 to 5 seconds since after all, you were just dying on the floor.

    If a teammate helps you recover then they will grab your arm and pull you back to your feet taking a solid 3 seconds to complete. Then, if they so please, they can continue to heal you like normal.

    Would this be an okay feature to dying state?

    Agreed, its 3 times easier to pick someone up of dying state so slugging has become really difficult.
    Id like to see such an animation

    My intentions was to add a realistic factor but if it helps slugging, oh well it's not going to change the meta. Besides, if you was dying on the floor and the next second you're on your feet like a soldier then survivors must have some kind of super powers.
    daily reminder dead by daylight is a video game and does not relate to real life
    @artist
    Wow, thank you for the amazing feedback! You definitely told me why you disagreed with my idea, great job! :)
    Delfador said:

    I don't like this.

    I don't want them to buff or nerf slugging anymore. It is good where it is right now. This is why I didn't like your previous change where you could get yourself back to feet on your own with medkit etc.

    Slugging is already powerful and have counters. I don't think it needs a change right now.

    @Delfador
    Honestly speaking, I don't think a few seconds would hurt. However, if it does more harm than what I think, I wouldn't be opposed with decreasing the times since after all, my goal is to add a realistic factor to picking yourself up, not buff slugging.
    do I have to tell u anything? I just said its a video game not real life lol not everything has to be realistic.
  • artist said:
    Nickenzie said:
    artist said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Master said:

    @Nickenzie said:
    TL;DR
    I don't know how to summarize this thread to be honest. However, it's not that long so don't worry, just skim read over everything! :)

    Warning: If you have not checked out my previous dying state QoL change then this thread might not make sense to you. Please give it a quick read so you'll understand how this new system will work.

    Link: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41212/small-qol-dying-state#latest
    Dying State Changes:

    You know that moment when you recover from dying state and you instantly stand on your two legs as if you could've done that all along? Let's change that!

    Whenever you recover by yourself, the survivor will go through a short animation. The survivor will use their hands to move their body into a position where they can use their knees to stand themselves back up. This will take anywhere between 3 to 5 seconds since after all, you were just dying on the floor.

    If a teammate helps you recover then they will grab your arm and pull you back to your feet taking a solid 3 seconds to complete. Then, if they so please, they can continue to heal you like normal.

    Would this be an okay feature to dying state?

    Agreed, its 3 times easier to pick someone up of dying state so slugging has become really difficult.
    Id like to see such an animation

    My intentions was to add a realistic factor but if it helps slugging, oh well it's not going to change the meta. Besides, if you was dying on the floor and the next second you're on your feet like a soldier then survivors must have some kind of super powers.
    daily reminder dead by daylight is a video game and does not relate to real life
    @artist
    Wow, thank you for the amazing feedback! You definitely told me why you disagreed with my idea, great job! :)
    Delfador said:

    I don't like this.

    I don't want them to buff or nerf slugging anymore. It is good where it is right now. This is why I didn't like your previous change where you could get yourself back to feet on your own with medkit etc.

    Slugging is already powerful and have counters. I don't think it needs a change right now.

    @Delfador
    Honestly speaking, I don't think a few seconds would hurt. However, if it does more harm than what I think, I wouldn't be opposed with decreasing the times since after all, my goal is to add a realistic factor to picking yourself up, not buff slugging.
    do I have to tell u anything? I just said its a video game not real life lol not everything has to be realistic.
    Yes, it would be appreciated if you told whether or not you agree or disagree with my idea. Telling me, "Its a video game not real life lol not everything has to be realistic." Is off topic and not relevant to the discussion.
  • Nickenzie said:
    artist said:
    Nickenzie said:
    artist said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Master said:

    @Nickenzie said:
    TL;DR
    I don't know how to summarize this thread to be honest. However, it's not that long so don't worry, just skim read over everything! :)

    Warning: If you have not checked out my previous dying state QoL change then this thread might not make sense to you. Please give it a quick read so you'll understand how this new system will work.

    Link: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41212/small-qol-dying-state#latest
    Dying State Changes:

    You know that moment when you recover from dying state and you instantly stand on your two legs as if you could've done that all along? Let's change that!

    Whenever you recover by yourself, the survivor will go through a short animation. The survivor will use their hands to move their body into a position where they can use their knees to stand themselves back up. This will take anywhere between 3 to 5 seconds since after all, you were just dying on the floor.

    If a teammate helps you recover then they will grab your arm and pull you back to your feet taking a solid 3 seconds to complete. Then, if they so please, they can continue to heal you like normal.

    Would this be an okay feature to dying state?

    Agreed, its 3 times easier to pick someone up of dying state so slugging has become really difficult.
    Id like to see such an animation

    My intentions was to add a realistic factor but if it helps slugging, oh well it's not going to change the meta. Besides, if you was dying on the floor and the next second you're on your feet like a soldier then survivors must have some kind of super powers.
    daily reminder dead by daylight is a video game and does not relate to real life
    @artist
    Wow, thank you for the amazing feedback! You definitely told me why you disagreed with my idea, great job! :)
    Delfador said:

    I don't like this.

    I don't want them to buff or nerf slugging anymore. It is good where it is right now. This is why I didn't like your previous change where you could get yourself back to feet on your own with medkit etc.

    Slugging is already powerful and have counters. I don't think it needs a change right now.

    @Delfador
    Honestly speaking, I don't think a few seconds would hurt. However, if it does more harm than what I think, I wouldn't be opposed with decreasing the times since after all, my goal is to add a realistic factor to picking yourself up, not buff slugging.
    do I have to tell u anything? I just said its a video game not real life lol not everything has to be realistic.
    Yes, it would be appreciated if you told whether or not you agree or disagree with my idea. Telling me, "Its a video game not real life lol not everything has to be realistic." Is off topic and not relevant to the discussion.
    I disagree. why? because Its a video game not real life lol not everything has to be realistic. :)
  • Delfador said:

    I don't like this.

    I don't want them to buff or nerf slugging anymore. It is good where it is right now. This is why I didn't like your previous change where you could get yourself back to feet on your own with medkit etc.

    Slugging is already powerful and have counters. I don't think it needs a change right now.

    U are aware that they nerfed slugging before while they buffed sabotaging + introduced Jeffs hook destroyer perk? It's like the devs punshed the killer into the face. Twice. 
  • artist said:
    Nickenzie said:
    artist said:
    Nickenzie said:
    artist said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Master said:

    @Nickenzie said:
    TL;DR
    I don't know how to summarize this thread to be honest. However, it's not that long so don't worry, just skim read over everything! :)

    Warning: If you have not checked out my previous dying state QoL change then this thread might not make sense to you. Please give it a quick read so you'll understand how this new system will work.

    Link: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41212/small-qol-dying-state#latest
    Dying State Changes:

    You know that moment when you recover from dying state and you instantly stand on your two legs as if you could've done that all along? Let's change that!

    Whenever you recover by yourself, the survivor will go through a short animation. The survivor will use their hands to move their body into a position where they can use their knees to stand themselves back up. This will take anywhere between 3 to 5 seconds since after all, you were just dying on the floor.

    If a teammate helps you recover then they will grab your arm and pull you back to your feet taking a solid 3 seconds to complete. Then, if they so please, they can continue to heal you like normal.

    Would this be an okay feature to dying state?

    Agreed, its 3 times easier to pick someone up of dying state so slugging has become really difficult.
    Id like to see such an animation

    My intentions was to add a realistic factor but if it helps slugging, oh well it's not going to change the meta. Besides, if you was dying on the floor and the next second you're on your feet like a soldier then survivors must have some kind of super powers.
    daily reminder dead by daylight is a video game and does not relate to real life
    @artist
    Wow, thank you for the amazing feedback! You definitely told me why you disagreed with my idea, great job! :)
    Delfador said:

    I don't like this.

    I don't want them to buff or nerf slugging anymore. It is good where it is right now. This is why I didn't like your previous change where you could get yourself back to feet on your own with medkit etc.

    Slugging is already powerful and have counters. I don't think it needs a change right now.

    @Delfador
    Honestly speaking, I don't think a few seconds would hurt. However, if it does more harm than what I think, I wouldn't be opposed with decreasing the times since after all, my goal is to add a realistic factor to picking yourself up, not buff slugging.
    do I have to tell u anything? I just said its a video game not real life lol not everything has to be realistic.
    Yes, it would be appreciated if you told whether or not you agree or disagree with my idea. Telling me, "Its a video game not real life lol not everything has to be realistic." Is off topic and not relevant to the discussion.
    I disagree. why? because Its a video game not real life lol not everything has to be realistic. :)
    Can you tell my why you disagree besides saying "Not everything had to be realistic"? If not, then you're derailing the thread.
  • Nickenzie said:
    artist said:
    Nickenzie said:
    artist said:
    Nickenzie said:
    artist said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Master said:

    @Nickenzie said:
    TL;DR
    I don't know how to summarize this thread to be honest. However, it's not that long so don't worry, just skim read over everything! :)

    Warning: If you have not checked out my previous dying state QoL change then this thread might not make sense to you. Please give it a quick read so you'll understand how this new system will work.

    Link: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41212/small-qol-dying-state#latest
    Dying State Changes:

    You know that moment when you recover from dying state and you instantly stand on your two legs as if you could've done that all along? Let's change that!

    Whenever you recover by yourself, the survivor will go through a short animation. The survivor will use their hands to move their body into a position where they can use their knees to stand themselves back up. This will take anywhere between 3 to 5 seconds since after all, you were just dying on the floor.

    If a teammate helps you recover then they will grab your arm and pull you back to your feet taking a solid 3 seconds to complete. Then, if they so please, they can continue to heal you like normal.

    Would this be an okay feature to dying state?

    Agreed, its 3 times easier to pick someone up of dying state so slugging has become really difficult.
    Id like to see such an animation

    My intentions was to add a realistic factor but if it helps slugging, oh well it's not going to change the meta. Besides, if you was dying on the floor and the next second you're on your feet like a soldier then survivors must have some kind of super powers.
    daily reminder dead by daylight is a video game and does not relate to real life
    @artist
    Wow, thank you for the amazing feedback! You definitely told me why you disagreed with my idea, great job! :)
    Delfador said:

    I don't like this.

    I don't want them to buff or nerf slugging anymore. It is good where it is right now. This is why I didn't like your previous change where you could get yourself back to feet on your own with medkit etc.

    Slugging is already powerful and have counters. I don't think it needs a change right now.

    @Delfador
    Honestly speaking, I don't think a few seconds would hurt. However, if it does more harm than what I think, I wouldn't be opposed with decreasing the times since after all, my goal is to add a realistic factor to picking yourself up, not buff slugging.
    do I have to tell u anything? I just said its a video game not real life lol not everything has to be realistic.
    Yes, it would be appreciated if you told whether or not you agree or disagree with my idea. Telling me, "Its a video game not real life lol not everything has to be realistic." Is off topic and not relevant to the discussion.
    I disagree. why? because Its a video game not real life lol not everything has to be realistic. :)
    Can you tell my why you disagree besides saying "Not everything had to be realistic"? If not, then you're derailing the thread.
    Don't worry him, he just disagrees for the sake of disagreeing. He's a troll imo, why would anyone be against improvement? 
  • That could be interesting to say the least.
    But maybe it's a bit too long? Idk

  • I like these changes. Seems more human-realistic.

  • Nickenzie said:
    artist said:
    Nickenzie said:
    artist said:
    Nickenzie said:
    artist said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Master said:

    @Nickenzie said:
    TL;DR
    I don't know how to summarize this thread to be honest. However, it's not that long so don't worry, just skim read over everything! :)

    Warning: If you have not checked out my previous dying state QoL change then this thread might not make sense to you. Please give it a quick read so you'll understand how this new system will work.

    Link: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41212/small-qol-dying-state#latest
    Dying State Changes:

    You know that moment when you recover from dying state and you instantly stand on your two legs as if you could've done that all along? Let's change that!

    Whenever you recover by yourself, the survivor will go through a short animation. The survivor will use their hands to move their body into a position where they can use their knees to stand themselves back up. This will take anywhere between 3 to 5 seconds since after all, you were just dying on the floor.

    If a teammate helps you recover then they will grab your arm and pull you back to your feet taking a solid 3 seconds to complete. Then, if they so please, they can continue to heal you like normal.

    Would this be an okay feature to dying state?

    Agreed, its 3 times easier to pick someone up of dying state so slugging has become really difficult.
    Id like to see such an animation

    My intentions was to add a realistic factor but if it helps slugging, oh well it's not going to change the meta. Besides, if you was dying on the floor and the next second you're on your feet like a soldier then survivors must have some kind of super powers.
    daily reminder dead by daylight is a video game and does not relate to real life
    @artist
    Wow, thank you for the amazing feedback! You definitely told me why you disagreed with my idea, great job! :)
    Delfador said:

    I don't like this.

    I don't want them to buff or nerf slugging anymore. It is good where it is right now. This is why I didn't like your previous change where you could get yourself back to feet on your own with medkit etc.

    Slugging is already powerful and have counters. I don't think it needs a change right now.

    @Delfador
    Honestly speaking, I don't think a few seconds would hurt. However, if it does more harm than what I think, I wouldn't be opposed with decreasing the times since after all, my goal is to add a realistic factor to picking yourself up, not buff slugging.
    do I have to tell u anything? I just said its a video game not real life lol not everything has to be realistic.
    Yes, it would be appreciated if you told whether or not you agree or disagree with my idea. Telling me, "Its a video game not real life lol not everything has to be realistic." Is off topic and not relevant to the discussion.
    I disagree. why? because Its a video game not real life lol not everything has to be realistic. :)
    Can you tell my why you disagree besides saying "Not everything had to be realistic"? If not, then you're derailing the thread.
    Don't worry him, he just disagrees for the sake of disagreeing. He's a troll imo, why would anyone be against improvement? 
    because it's not improvement
  • also if you really want this to be a thing the whole picking yourself back up thing should be while you're recovering on the floor. no extra time needs to be added to pick up a teammate
  • artist said:
    also if you really want this to be a thing the whole picking yourself back up thing should be while you're recovering on the floor. no extra time needs to be added to pick up a teammate
    This is the feedback that I wanted to see. I would be completely fine with your suggestion. :)
  • @artist
    I had to zoom all the way out, still not the full text #########
    '

  • Not only that, even healing animation should be changed. Like now it looks like a simple back rub

  • Mat_Sella said:

    considering how un-fun slugging killers are to the majority of survivors who dont like playing an intermittent waiting game, the addition of a time consuming animation (especially against nurse) would result in a a considerable spike in such games. While i'm all for little details like animations, i would prefer if you kept normal momentum during such. Maybe the animation could happen during the 5% buffer and you're locked into it? just my personal opinion

    This would be perfect to be honest! :)