Remove quick switch !!
Im new to game and I notice thats quick switch is so bad
Toxic SWF 2/3/4 using it so bad they join game with survivor normal Dress then switch to survivor with tools + flashlights in last 6secound on lobby time so i cant dodge them 👎
######### skilled survivors doing in rank 18 ?
Toxic SWF 2/3/4 using it so bad they join game with survivor normal Dress then switch to survivor with tools + flashlights in last 6secound on lobby time so i cant dodge them 👎
######### skilled survivors doing in rank 18 ?
Comments
It's their answer to killers who DC whenever they see a flashlight or a SWF team.
I'm absolutely awful with the flashlight and mostly forget to use it, but when I put one on my Char suddenly i get a lot more Host Disconnects. It gets tiresome.
Toxic squads are a pain when you're new. But eventually, you'll learn that they are usually more bark than bite. These groups tend to be predictable and have easy counters to boot. Let's focus on the flashlights for now.
Flashlights can be used for only the following:
- Flashlight Blinds
- Shoulder Saves
- Burning The Wraith
- Burning The Nurse
- Burning Phantasm (Hag) Traps
Knowing this, let's move onto counters.
The Wraith can only be burned while he is in the spirit world. Just uncloak before charging the flashlight person and you'll be good.
The Nurse can be denied the ability to blink while the flashlight's light is on her. So to counter this she can just start charging blinks early. Alternatively, if the survivors got cocky she can always just lunge at them once they're close enough.
Hag, unfortunately, has no counters other than maybe using a Minty Rag to manually teleport to traps being affected.
So for general flashlight blinds/shoulder saves we have 2 types of counters available, perks, and knowledge.
In the perk area, there are several perks that make using Flashlights harder or riskier.
- Lightborn increases your base resistance to blinds and helps you recover from a successful blind faster.
- Overwhelming Presence makes using flashlights consume 80%/90%/100% more charges than normal when used within your terror radius. (Provided you can regain control before the blind is complete you can move your head to chew through their durability.
- Franklin's Demise lets you just knock a survivor's item out of their hands and also removes 0%/5%/10% of the item's base charges. (If you can get a lucky pallet lunge you can sometimes lock their item under a pallet. When this happens I strongly encourage you to never break that pallet regardless of the consequences just to make these "bullies" realize that they need killers in the game.)
So if flashlights seem to be a common thing for you, consider grabbing one of the above perks.
In terms of game knowledge, the key thing to know about flashlight blinds is that in general, they require timing and space to pull off. For example, if you down a survivor next to a wall, or just near a wall in general, try to grab them while facing the wall. By doing this you make it harder for the blinder to get in position to blind you. Additionally, if you suspect that there is a blinder lurking nearby and you have no perks or walls to help, do a quick circle around the downed survivor and see if anyone is nearby. If you do find anyone just give them a smack and usually they run off to heal.
To summarize countering flashlights without perks:
- If a wall is nearby, just face the wall while you pick up the downed survivor, the closer you are to the wall the better.
- If a wall isn't nearby, spend 10-15 seconds quickly patrolling around the downed person making sure that nobody is hiding just around the corner to blind you.
That's all I got. Good luck!
As for flashlights I always find it funny how survivors think I can't hit them after they blind me. I always lunge where I think they are when I'm blinded and I've had multiple games where I hit them this way. It's so satisfying to do
Just lobby dodge if they havent readied up 10 sec before.
Its the survivors having to reorganize SWF and they will enjoy a nice queue again
What if when playing Wraith I get burned while I'm uncloacking? It happened so many times I don't even care anymore. Otherwise these are great suggestions
It sucks as solo survivor. They run around taunting the killer with a flashlight, mess up all their flashlight saves, contribute nothing to the team, and more than likely disconnect once their Decisive is gone.
I hate them.
I try, but sometimes I have to use the power in a chase, and they just turn around and burn me
If you go for a save or burn because you have WGLF or you just care about your team or just want points I have no trouble with that. When you start T-bagging between blinds and spew toxicity in the post-game chat I see no reason to not brand you as toxic.
I agree with you, that flashlights can be dealt with, without add-ons and perks.
But in your elaborate post you listed alot of reasons to prohibit the use of last second switching.
If you are a player that has trouble with handling flashlights, toolboxes, keys or medikits, you appreciate the info and chose your build accordingly.
If you don't see any flashlights and you decide to switch Franklin's for something different only to be switched in the last second it feels just cheesey and unfair. Not a good start into a match.
Was playing Survivor and while waiting in the lobby another teammate decided they were bored and continuously switched as we waited for a fourth member after about five minutes of them doing this non-stop I couldnt take anymore and I bailed on the lobby.