Need more abandon options for killer
Sorry for ranting so much but I played my first match this morning as Ghostface two people died, and they were just t-bagging at the gates and wasting my time refusing to get out. Second match I play my main ghoul and it was a swf that was running gen rush builds on all four and got three out and they wasted my time at the gates. Make so killers can abandon when all gens are popped.
Again not the best writer, and this and my last post were in a ranty style because I'm tired of this game's toxicity and rat behavior.
Comments
I would want more abandon options as well for killer but in the PTB they removed some of the survivor options so it will be more equal and I think that's fine.
TBH, there is not much could be done in that situation. I usually got to the gates and get them out because my time is valuable.
Don't take it as personal, as people can have whatever reason to do that. The best thing we can do is just accept the defeat, finish the trial and go to next match.
Edit: also remember: sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. This is part of any game.
I am kind of in favor for more abandon options on both sides in general. despite the overwhelmingly obnoxious comp focused feel that the game has developed over time it's roots are asymm and casual. it's a game with no rank and no real stakes and it should be treated as such. who cares if a killer wants to leave… I don't, if they aren't having fun they should be allowed to do something else. and the same goes for survivor side… just let them out. would solve an extreme amount of the toxicity in this game because you can almost always tell pretty quick if you're going to win or lose badly in solo queue for survivor and also as killer.
I know that's a very unpopular opinion, but I think killer abandons are fine, I mean idec if it auto ends the game or not, should let the survivors stay in the match and get whatever BP they might want, but also offer a free abandon for them too in the event the killer leaves
Grow a pair.
If something as little as tbagging on an online video game gets you worked up, you have the mental fortitude of a wet toilet paper.
>b-but they are wasting my time!
force them out, or just afk and alt tab, go on your phone, go grab a drink/snack…
This has been discussed a lot and I find it strange that people aren't okay with killer abandoning when there's literally nothing they can do to change the outcome of the match. Killers don't have to wait on the ground for 4 minutes like survivors used to do, sure but at the same time, is there any real fun to be had in forcing the killer to walk across the map for 20 seconds so they are forced to watch two survivors who are standing 1 inch from the exit gate leave before you can even get a hit in, or let you hit them just to waste a little extra time? The match is over. Just leave, and if you're not going to, let me just leave and declare that you've won myself. I just want my time not wasted and admittedly after a tough match where I've tried my hardest, my ego not to be needlessly bruised when the match is already decided.
At that point there's nothing the killer can do to get another hook in most cases depending on the killer, so why on earth not just give the killer the option to abandon the trial and leave behind a bot that pushes them out for you? It makes no difference on the outcome of the match anyway. Now I don't think this option should be available as soon as gens are finished, but only when:
It wouldn't end the trial at all to not mess with challenges and such, but it would leave behind an AFK killer bot or a killer bot that just walks and presses M1 and goes for hooks in your place as killer since there technically isn't any more real gameplay for you to be had if survivors truly are sitting at gates and there's nothing you can do to hook anyone anymore. Obviously some players will open gates and immediately leave, but those are the same players that would open gates and AFK right now anyway, so this would just be faster. And they'd still only be able to do this once all gens are done and EGC has begun, so I think that's fair enough.
What exactly is the point of continuing to play if you are 100% guaranteed to not be able to change the outcome of the match? At least before gates are open you may be able to get a hook if you're lucky, but when survivors are directly next to the leave-zone there is literally absolutely nothing a majority the killer cast can do anymore.
And why is the solution to other players purposely waiting to drag your loss out and in most cases rub it in to either walk over and entertain their boring nonsense, or to straight up go AFK? One of the huge reasons why survivor is so chill to me compared to killer is that as soon as all survivors are downed, or even you are slugged as the second to last player and the last player goes down you can immediately abandon. No need to sit and wait on the floor to be picked up. Why exactly not save killer the bother and frustration as well? As for tbags, they are what they are, BM will always be the case, it's wasting time that I can't stand.
To add to this, the excuse some survivors will make is "I'm just staying to make sure all the others are okay". I wouldn't mind at all if there was a survivor HUD element which showed up when a survivor was within the exit gate zone. That way the survivors can see on the HUD when everyone has reached the exit gate zone and it's okay to leave and no one else is still is in need of help.
It just seems pointless and wasteful to keep trials that are completely decided going when like with survivors, we could be ending the matches and getting more players back in queue which would improve matchmaking times and speeds since players aren't kept in matches that are decided or like you say "Go AFK" for 2 minutes at a time at the end of many trials to save their ego. Which clearly is an issue since it's an ongoing discussion. Adding an option to abandon also wouldn't affect players that don't care about BM or gate waiting whatsoever since it's just that, an option, not something you have to do as killer.