I literally dreamed about a new Deathslinger mechanic... and I have to tell you about it
Hello, whoever ends up reading this!
I woke up this morning completely amazed because I had just dreamed about Dead by Daylight, and what I dreamed was absolutely crazy. Somehow, my brain came up with an entirely new mechanic for The Deathslinger while I was asleep, and when I woke up, I immediately thought: βOkay, I HAVE to tell someone about this.β
I honestly don't care whether this ever gets added to the game or not. I just need someone at Behaviour to hear about this incredible mechanic my brain somehow managed to come up with while I was sleeping. I still can't believe I actually dreamed something this detailed. π
In my dream, I was playing as The Deathslinger when I noticed something different: I could switch between two modes for his weapon β Harpoon Mode and Cannon Mode.
It was somewhat similar to how The Houndmaster can switch between Search Mode and Chase Mode with her dog.
Harpoon Mode was basically the Deathslinger we all know today.
But Cannon Mode allowed you to fire a small spherical steel ball at a Survivor. If you landed the shot, it dealt damage equivalent to a normal M1 attack.
The shot had significant recoil, and there was even an animation after firing where the barrel would glow red as if it were extremely hot. The weapon then had a recovery period where you basically had to wait for the barrel to cool down.
But there was another mechanic.
After firing the cannon, if you wanted to use it again, you had to find ammunition from special boxes scattered around the map. Each box gave you one steel ball, and when you picked it up, a reload animation automatically played where The Deathslinger loaded the little steel ball into the barrel.
From what I remember, the cannon could only hold one shot at a time.
And this is where it got really interesting.
After firing the cannon and finishing the recoil animation, you could immediately switch back to Harpoon Mode, shoot the Survivor with the harpoon, reel them toward you, and then try to land another hit.
I have absolutely no idea why I dreamed about a mechanic this ridiculously specific, but it was AWESOME.
When I woke up, I was basically sitting there like: π€―
βDid I seriously just dream all of that?β
It was genuinely so much fun playing that version of The Deathslinger in my dream.
Like I said, I don't care whether something like this ever gets added to the game. I just wanted to share it because I still can't believe my brain came up with something so specific and detailed while I was asleep.
I woke up and immediately thought, βI HAVE to tell people about this.β
So I posted it on Facebook...
β¦and now I'm literally emailing it to Behaviour. π
Even while writing this, my mind is still blown thinking about what I dreamed.
Anyway, that's it! I just needed someone at Behaviour to know that apparently my brain decided to develop a Deathslinger rework while I was sleeping.
Thanks for reading my completely ridiculous dream. π
See you in the Fog!
Comments
Give Nemesis rocket weapon finally! Make him lore accurate. :D
I actually kinda dig this idea.