[Rework Idea] Ghost Face: Movement Speed & Telephone Pressure
Problem:Ghost Face is currently too weak because he lacks mobility, map pressure, and natural slowdown outside of chases.
Proposed Solution:
- Movement Speed: Give him higher movement speed when not in a chase/in Night Shroud to navigate the map faster.
- Telephones: Place telephones around the map (similar to Sadako’s TVs).
- The Call Mechanic: Phones ring periodically. Survivors must leave generators to answer them. If ignored, Ghost Face automatically gains full Stalk on all Survivors for a limited time (or another severe penalty).
Why it works:It creates iconic, movie-accurate suspense and forces passive generator slowdown without relying on a teleport.
Comments
Honestly, I've disliked most Ghost Face rework ideas because I really enjoy the simplicity of his gameplay, but this is the one idea I'm kind of open to. I've had the idea for a while to make him faster for map traversal while in Nightshroud and not in chase, so I think that's great (although I've also played with the idea of it also making him faster in chase, requiring a second survivor to break him out if he's chasing a Marked survivor. It would give him somewhat of a chase power, but it would also be infinitely harder to counter for solo survivors unfortunately).
Someone else also had an idea with phone booths, but honestly it was so complicated it made me immediately dislike it, as it ruined his simplicity. This idea is just simple enough while making an impact, so I'm open to it. I will say though, more than slowdown, Ghost Face probably needs something for chase. Ghostie would, in addition to this rework or without the phones, need basekit Drop Leg Knife Sheath and 70s Marked to give him a better chance to actually get downs, although that still doesn't give him a chase power.
Also, a bit off topic, but the phone idea kind of makes me think of what the power would be for the killer if The Black Phone was added. Not really sure we want a pedo serial killer in DBD, but I could imagine it working very similar to the movies where one person can hear a broken phone ringing and needs to answer it.