Dying on 1st Hook getting more common!

I play xbox and lately I have been dying on 1st Hook. I just look at auras of all doing gens.
I understand I can use kindred, but I am at mid to high ranks so people should know how to play. Maybe I have just been unlucky with the amount of times but it is gutting :(

Comments

  • This is how killers want it though so I can't see anything changing.

    Dodge swf and get solo players who die on first hook. Yay for ez 4ks.
  • Thats the main reason why I stopped  playing solo survivor, even with kindered they just dont care.
  • It is certainly frustrating. As a solo survivor if player hooked I follow the mantra. 

    1. If on gen and more than 2/3rds done, do gen.
    2. If opposite side of map, then assume furthest away player and do gen. 
    3. If fairly close to hooked survivor but on gen, do gen until survivor near 2nd stage and then go for save. 

    I know there is a variable if a killer is camping but for solo survivor I think that mantra is fair
  • It is certainly frustrating. As a solo survivor if player hooked I follow the mantra. 

    1. If on gen and more than 2/3rds done, do gen.
    2. If opposite side of map, then assume furthest away player and do gen. 
    3. If fairly close to hooked survivor but on gen, do gen until survivor near 2nd stage and then go for save. 

    I know there is a variable if a killer is camping but for solo survivor I think that mantra is fair
    Pretty much this. Youbhave time to be on the hook befor you even need to be rescued. While you hang there, the killer is occasionally looking to see if you’re being rescued or not, which wastes precious seconds.

    And while you may not see the killer or hear the heartbeat, you be getting range camped. The killer might be just outside heartbeat range and waiting for someone to rescue you. Sonlong as the killer isn’t in heartbeat range of the other survivors while they’re doing gens, they should finish the gens before attempting a rescue because that helps everyone.
  • On red ranks you get hook farmed mostly.
    Pick your poison.
  • Game has been round long enough now for solo survivors to know the basics of the game and when to go for unhook etc. I would forgive if low ranks but mid/high ranks, survivors should know its a numbers game and more survivors the better. But also I know you just have to take the stresses being solo gives