Shoulder The Burden Nerf Sets A Bad Precedent

To be specific, I'm not talking about the shift from Exposed to Broken. That nerf(? sidegrade?) isn't something I particularly mind.

What I'm referring to here is the change where one person using StB turns off everyone else's StB. Even setting aside that it's wholly unnecessary for this perk - multiple uses only even can happen in scenarios that aren't actively throwing is when someone's tunnelled - I truly do not think it's a good precedent for someone else's actions to turn off your perk completely.

The gap between solo queue and SWF is a lot more than just perks, obviously, but part of it is that sometimes, a perk you want to use is at odds with your teammates. Think something like Inner Strength not scaling well when everyone brings it, or when someone brings a boon perk.
For that example, unavoidable and just an annoyance. But, if someone using Inner Strength once genuinely stopped you from using your own at all, it'd be far worse, and that's what we're at risk of here.

Once per trial per survivor is already restrictive enough, and any perk in the game should be balanced around the notion that "once per trial" means "up to four times per trial, depending on how many people bring it". If that means nerfing the effect, I'd argue that's genuinely vastly preferable to being locked out of using your own perks because someone else used theirs first.

Comments

  • @ABAEX said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118927#Comment_4118927

    killer have perk to stop survivor vaulting window or lithe. like Cruel Limits/Mindbreaker/Crowd Control and Undetectable+Exposed attack.

    surge? get in locker even don't need a perk.

    survivors with heal perks to heal normal speed? Coulrophobia or slug it, downed survivor can't heal other survivor.

    you say" If someone uses shoulder the burden in front of you, it's 2 hook stages on them instantly. I don't know how you."

    this game have 4 survivor and 1 killer, someone uses STB to me killer can't stop it, this guy get hooked and other survivor use STB to save that guy, and killer is chasseing me now is 3 survivor get 1 hook stage, then I get hooked is hookstage2 the 4th survivor sue STB, killer still can't stop it.

    You are so forgetful, forgetting why 【Fast Track】 was changed.🤣

    You are exactly the kind of player who shouldn’t have a say because of your lack of experience. Players like you are the ones for whom BEHVR gives survivors those anti-tunnel/anti-camp abilities so they can keep playing, without practicing loops, without calculating perk benefits, not trying hard but still wanting to win easily, and focusing on 'winning' rather than 'fun' as their goal.

    You are the one who feels powerless when facing the camp and the tunnel, but at that time, the 'borrowed time' was clearly an optional choice, and you did not choose it, you ignored it, used the so-called 'frustration' to hijack BEHVR, and demanded that this perk be provided for free in the base set.

    I play mainly killer since 2018 "Mr. Lack Of Experience". You can't say matches are evenly balanced or that every killer profits suffer from antitunnel the same. If I play Ghoul with 4 stacked slowdown, well can I even lose? If I play Pig with chill build, can I even win? Why would Hillbilly or Bubba have guaranteed kill but Twins or Artist can't even use power at the hook? And counterwise you will always be in situations where you can't counter something and never can reliably tell what survivor bring into the match.

  • @Elan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119093#Comment_4119093

    I play mainly killer since 2018 "Mr. Lack Of Experience". You can't say matches are evenly balanced or that every killer profits suffer from antitunnel the same. If I play Ghoul with 4 stacked slowdown, well can I even lose? If I play Pig with chill build, can I even win? Why would Hillbilly or Bubba have guaranteed kill but Twins or Artist can't even use power at the hook? And counterwise you will always be in situations where you can't counter something and never can reliably tell what survivor bring into the match.

    73beca17-482a-4a94-80ce-6d33743139f0.png

    Yes, you started playing in 2018, but you only had six months of experience, and then you continued to play with this six months of experience until 2026, that's all.

    If this game had ranks like R6, the communication costs would not be so high, and there would be no need to interact with 'players' who lack experience or skill.

    4 stacked slowdonw ghoul still can lose, survivor only need 150 s to escape.even have -50% gen speed.

    pig have chill build or no perk can still win.

    hillbilly or bubba don't have guaranteed kill.

    Twins or artist can't use power near hook, so they more offen use slug Tactics.

    like The Judgment, if ZEALOUS and EXILE can't give enough Earnings and hook survivor will block power, the player that play judgment will not use EXILE or hook any survivors.

    if slug one of survivor make this survivor can't do anything, so this is good slug target.

    killer player not do anything wrong, just focus on the goal, and that goal is more kills.

    If hook survivor is an obstacle to the goal, then the hook tactic will not be used.

  • @ABAEX said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119094#Comment_4119094

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KQ88K4EJUD67/73beca17-482a-4a94-80ce-6d33743139f0.png

    Yes, you started playing in 2018, but you only had six months of experience, and then you continued to play with this six months of experience until 2026, that's all.

    If this game had ranks like R6, the communication costs would not be so high, and there would be no need to interact with 'players' who lack experience or skill.

    4 stacked slowdonw ghoul still can lose, survivor only need 150 s to escape.even have -50% gen speed.

    pig have chill build or no perk can still win.

    hillbilly or bubba don't have guaranteed kill.

    Twins or artist can't use power near hook, so they more offen use slug Tactics.

    like The Judgment, if ZEALOUS and EXILE can't give enough Earnings and hook survivor will block power, the player that play judgment will not use EXILE or hook any survivors.

    if slug one of survivor make this survivor can't do anything, so this is good slug target.

    killer player not do anything wrong, just focus on the goal, and that goal is more kills.

    If hook survivor is an obstacle to the goal, then the hook tactic will not be used.

    It's not only about killers and perks. it's also about what map you get and what RNG. For example I had Clown on Trickester's dellusion and they had 4 god pallets all spawned then 2 games later I played survivor on this map and none of them spawned at all. Is it fair? Don't think so, not to mention that killer was Dracula who's way stronger than Clown and had much easier layout than me as Clown.

  • @Elan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119097#Comment_4119097

    It's not only about killers and perks. it's also about what map you get and what RNG. For example I had Clown on Trickester's dellusion and they had 4 god pallets all spawned then 2 games later I played survivor on this map and none of them spawned at all. Is it fair? Don't think so, not to mention that killer was Dracula who's way stronger than Clown and had much easier layout than me as Clown.

    You’ve been playing this game since 2018, but that doesn’t mean you have 8 years of DBD experience.

    It’s obvious from your posts that you only have roughly two weeks’ worth of actual experience.

    You’ve been coasting along for eight years on that tiny bit of knowledge and game sense, making zero progress and showing no real understanding of the game.

    As I said, you’re exactly the kind of player Behaviour Interactive coddles and spoils.

    You even don't know what is AB pallets and don't know this map average palletes are 24.

    there Impossible that none of those pallets not respawn(shack pallets)

    image.png
  • I feel we are buffing tunneling with the m1 reduction perks and nerfing the counter by coming after StB?

    Thats how I see it at least, not that I'm opposed to the changes to killer perks as its nice to have more options.

    Also seeing Tricksters delusion one day they'll add a small elevation for perk value lol

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    I feel we are buffing tunneling with the m1 reduction perks and nerfing the counter by coming after StB?

    Thats how I see it at least, not that I'm opposed to the changes to killer perks as its nice to have more options.

    Also seeing Tricksters delusion one day they'll add a small elevation for perk value lol

    save hook need 1s.

    killer attack cool down need to <1s (In theory)

    m1 reduction perk need to stack to 63%(max in ptb is:40%+12.5%+6.25%+2.5%=61.25%)

  • @jesterkind said:

    To be specific, I'm not talking about the shift from Exposed to Broken. That nerf(? sidegrade?) isn't something I particularly mind.

    What I'm referring to here is the change where one person using StB turns off everyone else's StB. Even setting aside that it's wholly unnecessary for this perk - multiple uses only even can happen in scenarios that aren't actively throwing is when someone's tunnelled - I truly do not think it's a good precedent for someone else's actions to turn off your perk completely.

    The gap between solo queue and SWF is a lot more than just perks, obviously, but part of it is that sometimes, a perk you want to use is at odds with your teammates. Think something like Inner Strength not scaling well when everyone brings it, or when someone brings a boon perk.
    For that example, unavoidable and just an annoyance. But, if someone using Inner Strength once genuinely stopped you from using your own at all, it'd be far worse, and that's what we're at risk of here.

    Once per trial per survivor is already restrictive enough, and any perk in the game should be balanced around the notion that "once per trial" means "up to four times per trial, depending on how many people bring it". If that means nerfing the effect, I'd argue that's genuinely vastly preferable to being locked out of using your own perks because someone else used theirs first.

    the perk made killers have to hook everyone and they dont like it mate. thats why they nerfed it lol killer mains said wwaaaaaahhhh i cant tunnel this guy out at 5 gens and the devs said whoa whoa whoa noone hurts our precious killer mains then they gutted the perk. HOWEVER it really doesnt matter when people learn you place boon of healing and 3v1 the killer with the other dude on a gen ppl wont notice the perk being gone or near useless. if i were you id save my energy typing to these people with predisposed views on the what is "healthy" for the game as a whole these people are suffering from delusion and think theyre always against SWF XD

  • @Sevrin443 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/472356/shoulder-the-burden-nerf-sets-a-bad-precedent

    the perk made killers have to hook everyone and they dont like it mate. thats why they nerfed it lol killer mains said wwaaaaaahhhh i cant tunnel this guy out at 5 gens and the devs said whoa whoa whoa noone hurts our precious killer mains then they gutted the perk. HOWEVER it really doesnt matter when people learn you place boon of healing and 3v1 the killer with the other dude on a gen ppl wont notice the perk being gone or near useless. if i were you id save my energy typing to these people with predisposed views on the what is "healthy" for the game as a whole these people are suffering from delusion and think theyre always against SWF XD

    can't tunnle can't camp must hook everyone?

    facing broken hook and flash light.

    nope, I choose slug.

  • @ABAEX said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119245#Comment_4119245

    can't tunnle can't camp must hook everyone?

    facing broken hook and flash light.

    nope, I choose slug.

    yeah idk what you mean you cant hook everyone idk how im able to do it lol but you cant…skill issue sounds like. slugging is super unhealthy for the game you know it and so does anyone else with a functioning brain stem

  • @jesterkind said:

    To be specific, I'm not talking about the shift from Exposed to Broken. That nerf(? sidegrade?) isn't something I particularly mind.

    What I'm referring to here is the change where one person using StB turns off everyone else's StB. Even setting aside that it's wholly unnecessary for this perk - multiple uses only even can happen in scenarios that aren't actively throwing is when someone's tunnelled - I truly do not think it's a good precedent for someone else's actions to turn off your perk completely.

    The gap between solo queue and SWF is a lot more than just perks, obviously, but part of it is that sometimes, a perk you want to use is at odds with your teammates. Think something like Inner Strength not scaling well when everyone brings it, or when someone brings a boon perk.
    For that example, unavoidable and just an annoyance. But, if someone using Inner Strength once genuinely stopped you from using your own at all, it'd be far worse, and that's what we're at risk of here.

    Once per trial per survivor is already restrictive enough, and any perk in the game should be balanced around the notion that "once per trial" means "up to four times per trial, depending on how many people bring it". If that means nerfing the effect, I'd argue that's genuinely vastly preferable to being locked out of using your own perks because someone else used theirs first.

    That nerf(? sidegrade?) isn't something I particularly mind.

    It's certainly a nerf because not a healthy survivor is injured, so even if the killer doesn't come back they have a negative effect.

    What I'm referring to here is the change where one person using StB turns off everyone else's StB. Even setting aside that it's wholly unnecessary for this perk - multiple uses only even can happen in scenarios that aren't actively throwing is when someone's tunnelled - I truly do not think it's a good precedent for someone else's actions to turn off your perk completely.

    Much like how BHVR approached Diminishing Returns, I think they are listening to arguments that are missing a few key points of logic. Multiple survivors bringing the same perk already has a downside in the trade off they've had to make from other perks. It's especially silly implementation for a counter perk meant to stop something that BHVR overtly recognized as unhealthy gameplay. If they get to stop it multiple times because they brought multiple uses, great.

1 2 ›