Why are Archives Closing?

The PTB has a timer on the Archives, meaning it's closing in January of next year. What's… the point, though?

The Archives not being updated with more challenges I get but removing existing content just because… you can?? I need an explanation on the decisionmaking, here, please.

Comments

  • are they moving all that lore content somewhere else?

  • @nikodemo said:

    are they moving all that lore content somewhere else?

    Unclear? I'm presuming the lore is staying and the challenges are going.

  • I really don't see a reason why they would be removing it besides slowing down bloodpoint gain.

  • I'm gonna be honest, the desire to finish tome challenges and always having tome challenges to work towards is one of the main things that keeps me playing the game at this point. Them being removed kind of feels like another nail in the coffin for me personally.

  • This would be crushing. I love having little passive gains to tomes as a play, and it also forces me to explore different styles of play and helps the game stay fresh.

    It's okay to stop updating them, but to sunset the entire thing is stupid.

  • I like archive tasks, especially those with symbols (especially those with a white symbol).

    If archive tasks are going to be removed, then at least add tasks with symbols to regular quests.

  • Please don't remove the tome quests!!! I love them. I think it's great searching for fragments or glyphs, collecting banners and profile pictures, and getting extra Bloodpoints. Plus, most players haven't even finished half of the Tome challenges.

  • They’ve said years ago it would be removed at some point when the time comes people complain… I’ve been playing the game for almost a decade and I haven’t opened the archives in years.

  • For years, the tome challenge was the soul of Dead by Daylight for anyone who wanted more than just the mindless routine of repairing generators or chasing survivors. It added depth to the game, advanced the lore, and offered players goals beyond simply winning. Taking that away and replacing it with a soulless, passive system strips DbD of a huge part of its identity and charm.