Everyone wants a Spider Killer! Why do we still not have it?

I have seen tons of people requesting for a spider as the killer. We could have had one in the community voting unfortunately Religion became first choice and Monster second. so I beg of you to do another one so we can vote for Arachnid killer, PLEASE!

Comments

  • Most probably because the game engine and systems don't allow it.

    Either you have a smaller spider that fits the door-/hallways which then would need to be so small that survivor wouldn't be able to see it over loop obstacle. (No idea how much of a problem this really is since I never played with Chucky released).

    Or you get a big spider that won't fit through loops, doorways hallways without looking goofy and I don't think their model engine would even allow something like context sensitive retracting/folding spider legs.

    And last, any power I imagined a few years ago when pitching a spider concept would also most probably not be supported by the game engine.

    The other option would be another boring simple leap killer like stranger things one (I've forgotten the name ๐Ÿ˜…).

  • @burt0r said:

    Most probably because the game engine and systems don't allow it.

    Either you have a smaller spider that fits the door-/hallways which then would need to be so small that survivor wouldn't be able to see it over loop obstacle. (No idea how much of a problem this really is since I never played with Chucky released).

    Or you get a big spider that won't fit through loops, doorways hallways without looking goofy and I don't think their model engine would even allow something like context sensitive retracting/folding spider legs.

    And last, any power I imagined a few years ago when pitching a spider concept would also most probably not be supported by the game engine.

    The other option would be another boring simple leap killer like stranger things one (I've forgotten the name ๐Ÿ˜…).

    Not sure if you are saying you haven't played dbd in almost 3 years? Leaping stranger things killer is Demogorgon.

    And they just released a big killer with 4 crab legs.

    And the game is getting a massive coding rewrite & graphics overhaul complete with tornados and rain storms and advanced facial animations. Hopefully better jiggle physics.

    So the game can handle a spider killer, if not easily now than next year or so. Infact the only thing people tend to bring up when arguing about a spider being added is Arachnophobic players not being able to play against that killer. Which then others bring up that we alredy have a clown with a perk named after the phobia of clowns and the plague is a problem for another grouo etc, so i don't see how they would avoid making 1 phobia while alredy making others.

  • Tbf a spider killer could be humanoid. I'm thinking in the same vein as artists being a bird killer. A humanoid killer who has spider features or control over spiders would be cool