Proposal for a Legion rework
Legion Rework — Four Members, Four Playstyles
General Concept
I would like to propose a Legion rework that keeps Legion as one Killer, but makes Frank, Julie, Susie and Joey four genuinely different gameplay choices.
The idea is not to create four separate Killers. They would still share the same core power, Feral Frenzy, but each member would specialize in a different aspect of Legion's gameplay.
This would also make Legion much more replayable. Instead of playing the same Killer with a different skin, players could choose the member whose playstyle they want for that match.
The goal is not to make Legion an S-tier Killer. I would aim for roughly B-tier overall, with each member having a different strength and weakness.
Base Changes
Some mechanics that Legion has lost over the years should remain removed.
I would NOT restore:
- Feral Frenzy attacks reducing the Deep Wound timer.
- Continuing Feral Frenzy after missing an attack.
- Activating Feral Frenzy before the power gauge is fully charged.
The rework should instead focus on giving each member a distinct identity.
FRANK — The Hunter
Feral Frenzy
- Duration: 16 seconds
- Starting movement speed: 5.2 m/s
- Speed bonus per successful hit: +0.20 m/s
- Maximum after four successful hits: 6.0 m/s
- Killer Instinct detection range: 52 meters
- Feral Frenzy recovery: 20 seconds
Frank's strength is not raw speed. His strength is duration and information.
The 16-second duration combined with the 52-meter Killer Instinct range allows Frank to spend more time searching for survivors and chaining attacks.
I intentionally reduced his speed bonus from the standard +0.24 m/s to +0.20 m/s. Otherwise, Frank would receive both extremely high speed and the longest Frenzy duration.
Frank should feel like the member who can keep a chain going for a long time.
Frank's role
Long Frenzy duration / survivor detection / chain pressure
JULIE — The Speed Demon
Feral Frenzy
- Duration: 10 seconds
- Starting movement speed: 5.4 m/s
- Speed bonus per successful hit: +0.30 m/s
- After 4 successful hits: 6.6 m/s
- Feral Frenzy recovery: 20 seconds
Julie is the opposite of Frank.
She has the shortest Frenzy duration, but she becomes extremely fast after consecutive successful hits.
The short duration is the price for her high speed.
Her role is to aggressively snowball successful hits rather than maintain a long Frenzy.
Julie's role
Speed / aggression / snowball
SUSIE — The Recovery Punisher
Feral Frenzy
- Duration: 13 seconds
- Starting movement speed: standard
- Speed bonus per successful hit: +0.24 m/s
- Feral Frenzy recovery: 20 seconds
Susie's specialization is not about getting a fifth hit or directly downing survivors with Frenzy.
Her purpose is to make survivors spend more time dealing with Deep Wound and recovery.
Deep Wound
For Susie:
- Deep Wound duration: 16 seconds instead of the standard 12 seconds.
After a survivor successfully mends themselves:
- They become Exhausted for 60 seconds.
If another survivor mends them:
- There is no additional penalty.
I originally considered giving a repair-speed penalty after being healed by another survivor, but I think removing that mechanic makes Susie cleaner and healthier for the game.
The important choice becomes:
Do I spend time recovering and receive Exhausted, or do I continue doing generators while dealing with the consequences of being injured?
This also creates interesting interactions with perks such as Thanatophobia without making Susie herself into another generator slowdown Killer.
Susie's role
Recovery pressure / forcing survivors to make decisions
JOEY — The Anti-Loop Specialist
Feral Frenzy
- Duration: 13 seconds
- Starting movement speed: standard
- Speed bonus per successful hit: +0.24 m/s
- Normal recovery: 20 seconds
Joey's unique ability allows him to use Feral Frenzy to destroy pallets.
However, destroying a pallet comes with a significant trade-off.
Pallet Rush
When Joey uses his special Rush to destroy a pallet:
- The pallet is destroyed immediately.
- Feral Frenzy ends immediately, regardless of how much Frenzy time remained.
- Joey only suffers a 1.5-second stun instead of the normal 2.5-second stun.
- After destroying the pallet, his Feral Frenzy recovery is reduced to 12 seconds.
The important part is that Joey does not get to keep his remaining Frenzy after destroying the pallet.
For example:
If Joey has 10 seconds of Frenzy remaining and destroys a pallet, the Frenzy immediately ends. He does not keep those 10 seconds.
This creates a meaningful choice:
Do I use my Frenzy to chain hits, or do I sacrifice the remaining Frenzy to destroy this pallet?
Recovery Rules
The normal recovery is based on how Feral Frenzy ends.
- If Frenzy naturally runs out: 20-second recovery.
- If Joey misses an attack and Frenzy ends: 20-second recovery.
- If Joey manually cancels Frenzy before it ends, the recovery begins from the point where the power was cancelled.
- If Joey destroys a pallet with his special Rush: 12-second recovery, but the current Frenzy is completely lost.
This gives Joey strong anti-loop power without allowing him to simultaneously destroy pallets and continue his Frenzy.
Joey's role
Anti-loop / pallet denial / chase pressure
Why I Think This Would Work
The goal is not to make one Legion member strictly better than the others.
Each member should answer a different question:
Frank
"I want to find survivors and maintain Frenzy for as long as possible."
Julie
"I want to move extremely fast and snowball successful hits."
Susie
"I want to punish survivors through recovery decisions and Deep Wound pressure."
Joey
"I want to make pallets and strong loops much less safe."
This would give Legion something that very few Killers have:
Four distinct playstyles inside one Killer.
It would also make Legion much more replayable.
A player could play Frank today, switch to Joey tomorrow, then play Susie or Julie when they want a completely different experience — without having to buy or learn an entirely different Killer.
Add-On Philosophy
Because many existing Legion add-ons would effectively become part of the members' base kits, the add-on roster should also be redesigned.
Some existing add-ons could remain if their effects still make sense.
For example:
Smoky Tape could remain unchanged.
However, add-ons that duplicate the new member abilities should be replaced with new mechanics.
I would also like to introduce member-specific add-ons.
For example, a Frank-only add-on could be unavailable when playing Julie, Susie or Joey.
This would allow add-ons to further specialize each member instead of simply giving every Legion player the same add-on pool.
Example: Frank add-on
Bloodlust — Brown/low-rarity add-on
During Feral Frenzy, Frank's lunge range/duration is increased by 0.3 seconds.
Another low-rarity Frank add-on could increase his per-hit movement-speed bonus by +0.04 m/s.
These would allow players to customize Frank without making those effects part of every Legion member's base kit.
Overall Goal
I would like this rework to move Legion from his current weak position into roughly the lower B-tier range, rather than turning him into an S-tier Killer.
The four members should be powerful in different situations, but none should be able to do everything.
The biggest benefit would be replayability.
Instead of:
"I am playing Legion again."
It would feel more like:
"Today I want to play Frank."
"Today I want to play Julie."
"I want to play Joey and destroy every pallet."
"I want to play Susie and pressure recovery."
That would make Legion feel like a complete Killer with four different identities rather than four skins sharing the same character.
I believe this could make Legion one of the most replayable Killers in Dead by Daylight while still preserving the core identity of Feral Frenzy.
Comments