@Devs  Have you actually used Knight before insisting that a bug is a official Specifications?

1000018448.png

I've been using Knight frequently since its initial release and have witnessed all sorts of bugs (getting stuck, failing to recognize targets, getting stuck on the corners of stairs, failing to recognize planks, and getting stuck in inexplicable places).

Of course, all of these issues were sources of frustration while playing, and while bugs were gradually fixed after each report, they would sometimes suddenly resurface. All in all, this killer was a character you couldn’t take your eyes off of—even as he was constantly at the mercy of bugs with every patch update.

And then, out of the blue, what’s this?! They’re saying the glitches around the palette—which have been recurring over and over—are now official game mechanics? Just off the top of my head, there’s Michael’s rework that ruined his character, the sudden mechanic change that sent Chucky plummeting to the bottom of the killer tier with a terrible 4.4 m/s speed, and the way they messed up Skull Merchant only to postpone his rework due to budget constraints—I don’t have a single good memory of this.

Is the ideal official behavior for BhVR a Killer that allows Survivors to easily prolong chases without much effort or having to learn any particular skills? The latest changes to Knight are so terrible that I can’t help but think that’s the case.

I’m not asking them to undo it. But I wish the devs would—even just once—actually play the game as the Killer they’ve balanced, so they can experience firsthand just how stressful the new abilities are and how easily they can be countered.

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • I agree with the core concern about Knight.

    What bothers me most isn't simply that Guards can be countered — counterplay is necessary. It's that the new pallet pathing can make a Hunt lose a significant amount of its remaining time, especially on certain tiles or indoor maps, even when the Survivor didn't make a particularly difficult play.

    I wouldn't assume the developers want Killers to be frustrating to play, but I do think this interaction deserves another look after more live-game data and feedback. Counterplay should exist, but it should still leave Knight's power consistently useful when it is used well.