Switch left in the dust?

Recently especially with new updates the already bad experience on the Nintendo switch is just worse. With a graphics overhaul update coming soon in the near future it raises questions of whether the time and money I spent on this game matters at all? With the twitter of behavior claiming months ago “there are no plans to produce an upgraded version of Dead by Daylight for the Switch 2.” If the issue is how notoriously bad the dbd version on the switch is then why not release a new version capitalizing on a new gen console? This graphics overhaul update will further punish the already atrocious load times for switch being optional or not it simply just wouldn’t get the update? The question I’m getting to is the failure of the original launch of this game on switch going to make this company have the ultimate decision of simply letting go of an already small and punished player base. #flashlightmeharderbigdaddybhvr

Comments

  • probably because they’re all hands on deck with the game rewrite and graphical overhaul tbh. Why port old code when new code is coming.

  • @MashedBroccoli said:

    probably because they’re all hands on deck with the game rewrite and graphical overhaul tbh. Why port old code when new code is coming.

    I understand that the rewrite and graphical overhaul are taking up their resources and I’m not expecting them to drop everything and prioritize Switch immediately. My concern is more about what happens to the Switch player base afterward if that makes sense? The game is now over 10 years old and as someone who has mostly been playing on switch I’ve already dealt with the limitations and problems of the Switch version because I genuinely enjoy the game. I’ve spent money on the game and continued playing despite the poor performance and long load times. Ultimately it’s frustrating to feel like the money and time I’ve put into it could matter less simply because I chose to invest on playing it on a nintendo handheld console.

  • unfortunately for switch survivors, i think switches time with the game is coming to an end. unless the switch can handle the big graphical update slated for next year then its going to end up dropped anywasy, and it wouldnt make much business sense for behavior to divert resources to a platform that is not worth them supporting now. Especially if switch revenue doesnt offset development costs.