Tomb Raider × Dead by Daylight: Why the Soviet Installation Would Be a Perfect Map

Hello BHVR!

Since Lara Croft was added to Dead by Daylight, I've been thinking about what a Tomb Raider map could look like in the Fog. One location that I think would fit DBD extremely well is the Soviet Installation from Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I think this location would be an especially strong choice for a potential Tomb Raider map because its atmosphere already feels surprisingly compatible with Dead by Daylight.

The Soviet Installation has:

  • A snowy Siberian environment with fog and poor visibility
  • Abandoned Soviet industrial buildings and warehouses
  • The Gulag and its surrounding structures
  • Forest areas surrounding the installation
  • Mines, tunnels and underground sections

This would allow the map to combine open outdoor areas, indoor loops and underground sections, while maintaining a very distinct Tomb Raider identity.

I could also imagine the Entity adding its own unsettling atmosphere to the location — heavier fog, endless snowfall and subtle changes that make the familiar Soviet Installation feel much more sinister, while still keeping the original location recognizable.

What I especially love about this idea is that Lara would be surviving in a location from her own past. Instead of simply bringing Lara into the Fog, the Entity could take a place she has already explored and turn it into something much more dangerous. Seeing Lara recognize the Soviet Installation but realize that it has been taken into the Fog would be a really interesting way to connect Tomb Raider's world with Dead by Daylight's universe.

I think this would make the crossover feel even more meaningful than simply adding Lara as a Survivor. Having Lara survive in a location from one of her own adventures would create a unique connection between the two universes.

If a Tomb Raider map were ever considered, Soviet Installation would be my personal choice. I would absolutely love to see this location recreated in Dead by Daylight.

I would genuinely love to hear what other Tomb Raider fans think about this idea!

Thank you for continuing to bring so many different universes into the Fog!

znGBflwMaQxhRmsJhZ_cSc-HxGVJhHNWAadQUiK7VXJuUOiJdKJuo8OhCZRc41EpqxtI8CU2N2HpePkRPS97RPlKPnR6Z8qSY2JtSMULoJXN2I_T73o8c8KEMoEceWiCi5krGK9-zOg_a6XaSSH8nL-rDgon09BV7eDF7nHO2v3kkltvjJow273plJ5AzDxW.jpg 6535244-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-20-year-celebration-playstation-4-rise-o.jpg Soviet_Installation_Map.jpg
Tagged: Maps

Comments