Why do I keep getting penalties for disconnections that aren’t my fault?
I’m currently sitting with a 15 minute penalty cuz of a “disconnection from host” or something like that. I didn’t disconnect purposely I was booted from the game mid-match and now I got the penalty? I don’t understand why this keeps happening and it’s frustrating when I can’t play because of something out of my control!
Comments
Its disconnection it does not matter why it happens as there is noway of knowing on server side why your connection stopped responding. They all get penaltized. Only one that does not is if server goes down as that they know what happened.
Still that message means that host closed the connection because it did not get respond from your connection and so it timed out. Its a problem between you and the server its not Behavior's fault if the connection is lost.
Usually I would agree, even if I think the system has no place in a game as unstable as DBD even in normal times, but there's recently been a massive uptick in crashes due to the Denuvo trial (there's threads about it) and it's causing a lot of people to get hit with undeserved penalties due to how the penalty system works.
Since those issues have popped up and been reported for several days with basically radio silence from BHVR, I can only assume that they are under some kind of contractual obligation to fully go through with the Denuvo trial and can't cancel it. They usually crack down on crashes rather quickly (like the flashlights recently being able to crash the Killer's game when used during a hooking animation, that was fixed in a timely manner).