Suggestion for a new feature: Replays
My suggestion is to implement match replays. I’m a pretty new player—just started during the 10th anniversary—but I’ve been playing a ton and really enjoying the game.
The issue I’m having is that after 10 years, DBD has gotten super complicated with all the perks and killers added over time. I’m trying to figure out how everything works, but it’s almost impossible to tell what was a Killer/Survivor hunch vs. an active perk. I even started recording my matches, but first-person recordings don't really give enough context to learn from.
While spectating, I thought it’d be awesome if we could rewatch full matches from the POV of every Survivor and the Killer (kind of like in Warcraft or StarCraft).
Plus, having match replays would make it way easier to spot cheaters. I’ve submitted a couple of reports already, but honestly, half the time I’m not even sure if it was actual cheating, pure skill, or just a perk I don't know about yet.
Comments
I would love this feature but sadly, due to how match replays work, the game needs to be coded pretty much ground up to facilitate them. DBD was not, and I believe the devs have directly said it's not possible to implement. There's a very thin sliver of hope with the recode coming in the indistinct future, but I would not hold your breath.