Terrible matchmaking
I don’t expect to win every game, and I understand that losing is part of DBD. My issue is that I don’t want 7 out of 10 games to be a terrible experience simply because I’m being matched against players who are dramatically more experienced than me.
With under 1000 hours, repeatedly going against killers with 2,000+ hours creates a huge experience gap, especially when my teammates are significantly less experienced and sometimes spend most of the match hiding or doing nothing. It makes the match feel unwinnable before I even have a chance to play.
I experience the reverse when I play killer as well, where I can be matched against coordinated survivor groups with thousands of hours.
I’m not asking for easy matches or guaranteed wins. I’m asking for matchmaking that produces games where the skill and experience gap isn’t so extreme that the majority of matches become frustrating rather than enjoyable. Losing a close game can be fun. Constantly being completely outmatched is not.
Comments
There was a mmr reset which made the matchmaking horrible so that's why you have an issue rn.
Just played against a p100 Billy with my friend (We both have 3k hours) and our teammates were both under 100 hours, I genuinely cannot wait for mmr to hopefully start working consistently.
Yeah same, honestly the game lost most of its fun to me since the mmr reset.
I'm usually the kind of Killer player that goes for 8 hooks then chill/farm/meme unless I have an achievement/quest that demands kills or if the Survivors were a bully squad... I just can't do that anymore because I can barely touch the Survivors I go against without sweating bullets and using strats that I don't want to use. Most of my games I can barely get 3 hooks, and forget about using funky builds.
The worst part is that 8-hooks no kills will still propel my mmr up now, which means it'll just get worse. I'll keep at it for a couple weeks, but if it doesn't get better then it's gonna be it for me, Sunk-Cost fallacy be damned.
It really saddens me because I've played this game since around when Myers came out, but now I can't have fun. After a day of work, I don't want to keep working. The system we had wasn't perfect, but it was better than now.
And that's when the game doesn't crash since the last update.