Score needs to be capped at 40k total, not 10k per category

I just got out of a game where an Aurora was being hard tunneled from the beginning of the game. While I did come to take hits and help where I could a couple times, the two other survivors seemed to be swarming around the killer like insects trying to go for flashlight saves and such (and ultimately failing). I ended up doing 4/5 gens pretty much by myself (the last teammate alive finally finished the last of my gen while I was chased, simply because his friend died already) throughout the game until we all died.

Despite me being alive so much longer than the Aurora and doing practically all the gens which was the only reason we had hope of escaping in the first place, I didn't get much more points than her. My Objective points had been maxed out for more than half the game, so I just didn't get any more. And instead, the teammates who were running around and farming each other off hooks got the most in the game by a long shot. And the Aurora of course, despite running the killer for essentially 3 of the gens, got maybe 13k or so because her boldness was capped out for so long and she was allowed to do almost nothing but chase and struggle.

On killer, I find that certain killers max out certain categories a lot faster than others. That some killers you can frequently max out all categories while on others that is extremely difficult.

I get that we don't want every survivor to just only chase and give up on gens and playstyles similar to that, but players already do that anyway. All the 10k cap per category accomplishes is punishing players for filling in certain roles. On killers, some will naturally have a much higher score in one category than another due to the nature of their power. On survivors, players will get punished for filling in the role of the medic, the gen repairer, or for getting tunneled without a choice.

People have mentioned it many times before but the score cap should be 40k total, not 10k per category in order to properly reward players. if that isn't possible, at least set a 40k total cap while also raising category caps to 20k.

Comments