Why do maps not reveal chests anymore?
As the title says, can we have an addon that reveals chests on the maps please as it stands only plunderers and clarivoyance reveal them right now. Unless I'm wrong.
As the title says, can we have an addon that reveals chests on the maps please as it stands only plunderers and clarivoyance reveal them right now. Unless I'm wrong.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yeah they nerfed maps a long time ago. I really hate the fact they nerfed maps, and keys, and fog vials. And with the new killer flashlights are even more useless than previously before and sabo toolboxes. It's like they want everyone to only use medkits and genrush.
Yeah honestly I love the changes they did with keys, but I wish we had old maps. I don't know anyone who uses maps for the Windows effect, every time I use one or see any other survivor use one it has the purple totem addon, as maps are still the most reliable way to find totems for cleansing and booning builds. And yeah, they used to be an option for finding chests as well. Maps didn't have to be universally strong, they had their niche and fit in perfectly before. I just want maps to reveal chests, totems, and gens basekit and then every addon is extra charges, charge speed, range, etc.
You are wrong. Boon: Illumination, Detective’s Hunch, Extrasensory Perception and Still Sight also reveal chests.
For the record, to my knowledge chests haven't ever been shown by maps unless you had Detective's Hunch, which made that info pretty redundant.
It's genuinely surprising to me that this clear gap in what the item should clearly track - as everything else it tracks or has ever tracked bar the weird new iridescent addon is a static map object - wasn't rectified when they overhauled maps more recently. The rework to keys was damn near perfect, but the map rework left a lot to be desired imo.
As someone above said, let them show gens, chests, and maybe totems basekit. I'd say either ditch the Windows effect or make that a second button press for no extra charge consumption, maybe make it the brown addon- I don't think it's really used much, but I could be wrong and there's nothing wrong with increasing options for the most part.
Oh you right, still it's perks needed to reveal them, which is the issue I have, when I bring a chest build sometimes I don't want to run plunderers but instead like moment of glory
Also I agree with things like map rework being odd, I feel it needs revisited.
@jesterkind has a good point about using the beam of light to reveal the windows effect.
But yeah I just wish I could use maps to get my chest build up and going, coz sometimes I use keys but I still need to know where the chests are with a perk.