Support denies Legacy Prestige despite immutable Steam API proof (2016 Save-Loss Bug victim)
Hi everyone! (and hopefully a Community Manager who can help)
I am a veteran player from 2016 who was a victim of the notorious local save-wipe bugs during the early days of DBD. I recently contacted support to restore my Legacy Prestige items (ticket #2349218), but Tier 1 support keeps closing my tickets with automated responses.
Their internal tool claims my first prestige happened in 2017. However, this is only because my account was wiped and re-synced after the massive data loss bug.
The absolute deadline for Legacy was November 24th, 2016.
My public, immutable Steam achievements (which rely on Valve's API, not BHVR's wiped 2016 database) clearly show:
- Prestige Level I unlocked: 31 Oct, 2016 @ 1 :57am
- Prestige Level II unlocked: 22 Nov, 2016 @ 10 :38pm
I have provided direct links to my Steam profile and screenshots. Support is completely ignoring the Valve server timestamps and relying solely on their post-wipe database records, refusing to escalate the issue.
Has anyone else managed to break through the Tier 1 wall to get a human to verify their Steam API dates? I just want the items I rightfully earned before the deadline. Any help or escalation from a CM would be greatly appreciated.
Comments
We are unable to re-issue Legacy to players who have lost them. Steam achievements are not proof of character, and unfortunately are very easy manipulatable.
Whilst it is with regret that we are unable to return Legacy to those who lost it back then, it is not possible to verify player accounts so we will not return Legacy players.