DC Penalty needs kill switch: Frequent Seemingly Random Crashes
The game has a massive crashing issue on PC, at least on Epic. I'm not the only one having this issue it's all over the beta hub. This is literally the first page of the beta hub. The underlined reports are all the exact same crash.
The game is basically unplayable for me. In the last 2 days I've gotten a 1 hour DC penalty, 3 30 minute penalties, and 2 15 minute penalties if I recall correctly. I believe I've gotten something like 9 crashes in total in just 2 days of playing. At this rate if I keep trying to play I'm going to end up with several day or even week+ long matchmaking ban. I just want to play the new chapter. Either the penalty needs to be kill switched or there needs to be an immediate hot fix for this crash

Comments
I agree its not really fair if game is breaking people are raking up penalties.
Yeah game cant tell difference between intentional or not but if there is a common issues happening needs to be turned off or at least for service its happening to if possible (eg only for epic users)
(I have not had issues apart from extreme lag first day but im also not on epic)
Same issue on epic for me.
Had 2 crash in a row.
Also third time I had a weird bug as well, my character was unable to move so get inactivity penalty as well.
It seems random the crashes
https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/1vzw6tj/turn_off_ban_fix_your_crashing_broken_game/
Reddit thread being upvoted about the same issue. This is affecting a significant number of players. Seems like it affects windows store players. So possibly all non steam PC players being affected here
all posts from today
its bad
I play Dead by Daylight on Xbox Series X, and since the latest patch, the game has been stuttering/freezing very frequently, especially in the menus. I was also disconnected from the server at least once during a match.
I’m using a wired connection with fiber internet, and everything else was working normally at the time, so it doesn’t seem to be an issue with my internet connection.
I’ve also noticed players in matches with extremely high ping, sometimes around 400 ms. One time, the Killer even had around 800-1000 ms ping! This definitely feels like something has changed or broken with the latest patch, possibly related to the servers or connection stability.
Had a few dedicated server not responding and in match game crashing. But I have not been dc timer penalized in any way.
I'm having this exact issue, same error and it's driving me insane! Today I've disconnected 4 times and received penalties. I've submitted a support ticket