Feedback on the new MMR system

Please feel free to post your own experiences below.

Disclaimer: This is my anecdotal experience. I don't know the exact function of the new MMR system, I'm drawing conclusions based on official announcements and my own stat tracking. Also, fair warning, I'm going to get nerdy with the analysis.

I was fortunate enough to return to the game with a clean "last 30 days" stat page, making it very easy to track my emblem performance across my last 27 matches:

  • Iridescent: 35
  • Gold: 30
  • Silver: 34
  • Bronze: 7

Based on maximum emblem points possible, my overall performance is at 70.6%

The Killer I'm Experiencing: Killers are noticeably getting more efficient as I climb. My chase times are shrinking, and matches are becoming significantly sweatier. Killers are using full meta loadouts, holding 3gens tighter, tunneling, and slugging to snowball pressure. Against the new killer, meta survivor perks feel useless due to their kit forcing me to rely on perks that don't require hook states.

The Teammate I'm Experiencing: Despite climbing, I am still constantly matched with survivors who have low macro awareness. I'm seeing teammates who:

  • Ignore unhooks (despite the new HUD hook stage indicators)
  • Get two tapped almost instantly in chases
  • Off gens, walking, or hiding while another survivor is actively being chased
  • Actively denying the auto-recovery when they're being slugged by crawling around aimlessly
  • Mindlessly stacking up on generators
  • Throwing matches for flashlight saves (especially silly against the new killer's power)
  • Running incomplete loadouts and non tier 3 perks

Conclusion: Climbing the MMR ladder feels like it's placing me against increasingly sweaty killers while continuing to pair me with casual and inexperienced teammates. From my observation, the system appears to treat higher MMR survivors as a balancing counterweight for low MMR survivors, rather than creating evenly skilled teams across the board.

Comments