The Main Issue I See with The Judgement

So I did some play while you wait, got a match against Judgement first go. I was happy to not have to play 10 games just for one match against the new killer. But, let me tell you how that went. The person I was playing against definitely knew how to use the killer. My less skilled teammates (for example, did not understand that holding the run button made you unable to get healed), were dropping like flies. And as for the actual chase, it was still difficult even as an experienced player, but not so much that it was unfair. I think Judgement when she chases is actually pretty fun. But, then we got to the 3 gen…

That is the main issue.

Because suddenly, there were no more chases. Not any that she wouldn't immediately down you in at least, you gave her more than a 30 second chase and it was back to the strat. Just keep sniping gens over and over with the beam. Now that issue isn't so much "the beam is op". At a distance you have a decent chance to dodge it. More so, you're not gonna dodge EVERY beam all the time. You're gonna misposition or react too late at least once or twice over the span of like 10 beams.

This alone killed any enjoyment I initially had of the killer. Because about 5 minutes of it were actual chases, the other 15 were just "Okay, pressure the gen when she leaves. Okay now dodge this beam. Okay she's coming back? Run a little so she has to commit." I had gotten the same gen about 80 percent of the way like 3 times. Granted my team could've pressured gens better, but most survivor players are just bad and that's a fact of life. Majority of solo que games are gonna and always will be that way.

Mainly I want Judgement to be rewarded for actually sticking to chases instead of just being Artist but better. She's a cool character. Her power is unique, and playing against her is like playing against Nurse just without all the ping and bs. Because another "lose the game, win the 3 gen" killer is the last thing we need rn.

Comments

  • I think if this does get too strong a small cooldown increase would do the trick. Or just have the cooldown be based on how many gens are left.

    But honestly, atm, I don't see her being stronger at 3 genning than some of the other killers, especially Doc or Singu. It will take some time to finish the last gen but it should be doable in my experience.

    But of course, too early to tell for sure.

  • I have experienced this as well already, It was annoying but not unbeatable, It was definitely one of my concerns for this killer ever since its power was chosen, but honestly compared to the skull merchant on release, the 3gen capabilities seem… not nearly that strong…

    Idk its still day one so once more people are better at playing and countering it we'll see for sure… IMO The killer is much stronger when they aren't defending a 3gen currently because it takes a different level of not committing to continue to bomb gens with their power, the ones that stomped my lobbies were using aura reading to trick people, for example Nurses calling and chasing someone nearby and then blasting the healing survivors and since you can kind of see the beam most of the time it looked like it was headed for someone and then they changed its direction and it came for someone else.

  • this killer wants to hold your attention all match i think survivors have to unlearn old habits such as "killers in chase i can take it easy".

    i feel like this killer is a floating skill check; not paying attention? get hit. but the idea of always having to respect the beam may sound offensive when older killers are only allowed to focus one survivor at a time

  • @Vampwire said:

    So I did some play while you wait, got a match against Judgement first go. I was happy to not have to play 10 games just for one match against the new killer. But, let me tell you how that went. The person I was playing against definitely knew how to use the killer. My less skilled teammates (for example, did not understand that holding the run button made you unable to get healed), were dropping like flies. And as for the actual chase, it was still difficult even as an experienced player, but not so much that it was unfair. I think Judgement when she chases is actually pretty fun. But, then we got to the 3 gen…

    That is the main issue.

    Because suddenly, there were no more chases. Not any that she wouldn't immediately down you in at least, you gave her more than a 30 second chase and it was back to the strat. Just keep sniping gens over and over with the beam. Now that issue isn't so much "the beam is op". At a distance you have a decent chance to dodge it. More so, you're not gonna dodge EVERY beam all the time. You're gonna misposition or react too late at least once or twice over the span of like 10 beams.

    This alone killed any enjoyment I initially had of the killer. Because about 5 minutes of it were actual chases, the other 15 were just "Okay, pressure the gen when she leaves. Okay now dodge this beam. Okay she's coming back? Run a little so she has to commit." I had gotten the same gen about 80 percent of the way like 3 times. Granted my team could've pressured gens better, but most survivor players are just bad and that's a fact of life. Majority of solo que games are gonna and always will be that way.

    Mainly I want Judgement to be rewarded for actually sticking to chases instead of just being Artist but better. She's a cool character. Her power is unique, and playing against her is like playing against Nurse just without all the ping and bs. Because another "lose the game, win the 3 gen" killer is the last thing we need rn.

    To your point, I agree that eventually you'll screw up even if you can see the beam and get hit 1 out of 10 times like you said. But it has a 6 second cooldown, and lets say ~2 seconds of charging to fire. So you're looking at 8*10 = 80 seconds of time spent shooting at generators not actually hitting anybody until you actually hit someone. Getting a hit once every 80 seconds suddenly doesn't seem like a threat at all to a team.

    I do completely agree it does promote very stale gameplay, which is why its very silly they did nothing to address the hex build on this killer while at the same time making their chase way worse with the zealous curve nerf.

  • I've been playing against her all day and this has absolutely been my experience with her almost every game, as I've only escaped against her a few times so far. It's just rinse repeat, she won't even chase more than 15-20 seconds before going back to beaming gens. I hope they gut that strat or make it so where we can just leave without being penalized.

  • i also think its worth remembering a big MMR reset happened today, which has been overshadowed by quite a few things today. sure it can hold a 3gen quite well, but imo its similar counterplay to twins where if you stick together you can stay healed and if you split the gens it cannot get across the map to kick everything all the time. with terrible teammates this strategy will seem incredibly overbearing, but i do think itll settle once people start to climb the ranking again and get slightly better teammates

  • @Vampwire said:

    So I did some play while you wait, got a match against Judgement first go. I was happy to not have to play 10 games just for one match against the new killer. But, let me tell you how that went. The person I was playing against definitely knew how to use the killer. My less skilled teammates (for example, did not understand that holding the run button made you unable to get healed), were dropping like flies. And as for the actual chase, it was still difficult even as an experienced player, but not so much that it was unfair. I think Judgement when she chases is actually pretty fun. But, then we got to the 3 gen…

    That is the main issue.

    Because suddenly, there were no more chases. Not any that she wouldn't immediately down you in at least, you gave her more than a 30 second chase and it was back to the strat. Just keep sniping gens over and over with the beam. Now that issue isn't so much "the beam is op". At a distance you have a decent chance to dodge it. More so, you're not gonna dodge EVERY beam all the time. You're gonna misposition or react too late at least once or twice over the span of like 10 beams.

    This alone killed any enjoyment I initially had of the killer. Because about 5 minutes of it were actual chases, the other 15 were just "Okay, pressure the gen when she leaves. Okay now dodge this beam. Okay she's coming back? Run a little so she has to commit." I had gotten the same gen about 80 percent of the way like 3 times. Granted my team could've pressured gens better, but most survivor players are just bad and that's a fact of life. Majority of solo que games are gonna and always will be that way.

    Mainly I want Judgement to be rewarded for actually sticking to chases instead of just being Artist but better. She's a cool character. Her power is unique, and playing against her is like playing against Nurse just without all the ping and bs. Because another "lose the game, win the 3 gen" killer is the last thing we need rn.

    The killer is a 110 killer. By design 110 killers can't really "chase" the same way, and ANY killer if a chase is lasting more than even 20 seconds you are playing it wrong and should drop chase.