Was Pyramid Head bugged for six years and never an intended feature?

So,

in today's patch notes, the developers said that Pyramid Head was bugged for six years and his power is supposed to travel uphill.

However, the new basic-gameplay guide for Pyramid Head says that going uphill is a counter to his power. What is actually true? Was it for real bugged for six years and many players (even PH mains and some devs/players who wrote this counterplay) were wrong?

Screenshot 2026-08-25 231112.png HQk5PJeXoAAsl5k.jpg

Comments

  • Yeah I saw that, either it's a bug they were too lazy to fix for 6 years or it was originally never intended and they're gaslighting us

  • Either it was an intentional buff and they put intentionally misleading comments in the patch notes, or they admitted that they couldn’t figure out how to fix it for like 6 years. Either way, a terrible look.

  • I don't know why this would be listed as a bugfix. If they want to change it to go uphill I think that's fine, but it should be listed as a balance change because that's what it is.

  • It's the left hand not talking to the right hand... again...

    A little while back we got a post on the forum from bhvr that revault was part of ghouls "intended" counterplay. A few days later a bugfix removed the revault… then the bugfix was removed.

  • I've only ever known it to be counterplay/how the power works.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    I don't know why this would be listed as a bugfix. If they want to change it to go uphill I think that's fine, but it should be listed as a balance change because that's what it is.

    True. I think his power going uphill is not a big deal and makes him slightly better. But to say it's a bug fix is weird and wonders me what else is actually a bug and not intended.

    We had a similar situation with Plague: The only way for survivors to get rid off her power was by pallet stun and then the devs did a bugfix that also made it work with DS, Head On, and some other perks which was just a bad shadownerf. I think most of it got removed and it's now pallet stun only again. But again: I would love to see it as a balance change in a PTB, so the community can give feedback if it's good or not. It's also so stupid to fix something like that after six years.

    @FerrousFacade said:

    It's the left hand not talking to the right hand... again...

    A little while back we got a post on the forum from bhvr that revault was part of ghouls "intended" counterplay. A few days later a bugfix removed the revault… then the bugfix was removed.

    Yeah, proably miscommunication is the reason. I know it's difficult with 44 killers and through out the years many people left and joined BHVR but seeing something like that is just so crazy.