Is there any reason to come back to this game?

Title. Been taking a break for about half a year outside of customs with friends, and I think a little of the anniversary event. Every time I get the slight urge to come back, I hear about something going wrong (especially now lol)
Is there anything good going on with this game atm? On either side? Sounds like everyone's up to the usual of not having fun, and apparently balance patches are even more spaced out, leaving less reason for me to experiment and try new things/fun builds.
Are cheaters at least less common? Is Freddy/Twins still in a ditch? Anything?

Comments

  • There will be a huge perk update next mid season patch buffing and nerfing like 75 perks, there's a new killer tomorrow, cheaters are less common, Freddy got a rework, and twins is still in the ditch but she's still a top 5 killer. If you don't come back now I recommend coming back during the terrified or the graphics update later this year or early 2027 ish

  • Atm there's not much (only the chapter chorus of sins, where sprint burst and nowhere to hide got nerfed), cheaters remained the same, idk if you are talking about the new Freddy being ditch, twins are the same, Myers got a rework and got removed from the game if you didn't know.

    Next month there's going to be 2v8, likely with Xenomorph being a new killer.

    In November art the clown will be a new killer, there's going to be a graphical update next year which make stuff like rain happen during the trial, 1v1 game mode and infection game mode will be also released next year.

  • Do you hate your life and enjoy the misery of Solo Q?

    *Slaps computer

    Boy have I got a deal for you!

  • I don't play as much as I use to, but it's pretty fun for a bit when I get on. It does slowly fade away after a few games of playing with rocks for teammates.

    surprisingly, the tunneling doesn't feel as rampant as before but it does occur. Negligible compared to the teammates you get, solo q is still a painful experience.

  • @GroovieAshes said:

    Do you hate your life and enjoy the misery of Solo Q?

    *Slaps computer

    Boy have I got a deal for you!

    This is an amazing comment

  • games always fun to Me after a break. this game is best enjoyed casually. I've been casually grinding for Judgment and my games have been pretty chill, but I know that's just luck.

    part of its maybe because I scheme up flavour builds and get into some funky shenanigans. People can yell at me and say things like "you can't do springtrap doors! they are inefficient bro! you're sandbagging us bro!" but it's because of what I do that Springtraps end up getting a little quirky and I get some funny matches.

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    games always fun to Me after a break. this game is best enjoyed casually. I've been casually grinding for Judgment and my games have been pretty chill, but I know that's just luck.

    part of its maybe because I scheme up flavour builds and get into some funky shenanigans. People can yell at me and say things like "you can't do springtrap doors! they are inefficient bro! you're sandbagging us bro!" but it's because of what I do that Springtraps end up getting a little quirky and I get some funny matches.

    "A Little Quirky"

    Ball Knower?

    FR though this game is very fun for me when I play to have fun over winning for both killer and survivor, that's the primary complaint right now for survivor especially right now, the game is forcing us to be in matches with people who are Comp minded when we are just trying to have a good overall experience win or lose.

  • There isn't much variety in Killer builds, but survivors do have some good perk synergy, and I see it from time to time. As for having fun, it really depends on what you find fun and what gives you dopamine or the motivation to keep playing. The new MMR is already out, so maybe this would be a good time to see how the game feels. Other than that, there isn't much going on until the big updates, like the graphic update.

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    games always fun to Me after a break. this game is best enjoyed casually. I've been casually grinding for Judgment and my games have been pretty chill, but I know that's just luck.

    part of its maybe because I scheme up flavour builds and get into some funky shenanigans. People can yell at me and say things like "you can't do springtrap doors! they are inefficient bro! you're sandbagging us bro!" but it's because of what I do that Springtraps end up getting a little quirky and I get some funny matches.

    For a fun build on judgement you should try out Lethal + Deerstalker + Auroras Telereceptor essentially it makes it so whenever you hit someone with your power you see them for 8 seconds (possibly 10 idk the math) and since your power is 6 seconds you have 2 seconds of full aura on the survivor for easy two taps.

    I've been running Celestial Witness + Gearhead with it for more unexpected passive hits throughout the game. Its a very fun build 10/10 would recommend.