Deputy's Badge needs a rework
While I think Jason is overall mostly fine (I think the totem build is a Thrill issue at this point and not a killer issue), Deputy's Badge is still a pretty massive outlier.
It adds a level of power to his kit that none of his other addons do, and removes one of the only downsides to an already very strong mobility power - the inability to kick generators. The previous range nerf to this addon did very little to tone it down as its core strength remained intact and I think at this point it just needs to do something else, overall it just gives him way too much map pressure without any downside and there's really no other addon in the game that regresses generators as well as this does
Comments
Agreed. I don't really like the First's version of this addon either, it's just not a particularly healthy addon design imo. Even if they gave it to someone like Sadako I'd feel weird about it.
Not sure what it should be reworked to, though. Honestly if they reworked it so it allowed you to kick generators to exit Omnipresent Evil the way you can with pallets it wouldn't be as egregious, but even that would probably be too strong.
I agree that would probably still be really strong since it would let you appear right on top of a survivor doing a gen, and yeah I'm not a huge fan of regression addons in general. The First addon that does that just isn't nearly as good since you can only realistically affect 1 generator per power usage and unless you have Pizza Goggles the cooldown is very long
I think what would make the most sense is removing the movement speed penalty while removing a spear that is currently basekit and make that Deputy Badge's effect, with the numbers adjusted to make it reasonable as a purple addon.