I think it's time for a DC Priority Queue

The current DC system in place is not much of a deterrent to players who frequently DC, even if the penalty is DAYS LONG, some players will still do it. Is that ridiculous? Yes. Does it happen? Also yes! It's easy to just leave the game on and go do something else while the penalty depletes. We need a better deterrent. First, remove the time-based DC penalty, it does not work.

So here is what I propose: The DC Priority Queue. It will NOT be a separate queue, I know that would hurt overall queue times. It will simply be a different type of priority queue, much like the Play While You Wait Priority Queue. It will prioritize grouping players with a high DC Penalty score together, so they can ragequit together!

Here's how it works: Everyone starts with a score of 0. Every time the system detects a DC, the player's score increases by 3. For every trial that player completes, the score is decreased by 1, to a minimum of 0. If the player's DC score increases to 20 or higher, they are placed into the DC Priority Queue until their score is reduced to 5.

Concerns I imagine would be common:

I DC frequently and it's not my fault!

I get it, sometimes one of BHVR's hamsters escapes the wheel and the server goes down. It happens to all of us, but I personally have never seen it happen THAT often. Maybe there's a way for BHVR to program the DC Score to detect and ignore server failures. If it's your connection that fails frequently, I'm sorry but that's your problem. It should not be ours.

Killers would abuse it for easy matches!

True. For killer players who don't really care about DCing players, because it leads to easier matches, some killer players would abuse this feature. However, if you're not the type to DC often, you're much less likely to go against cringe players like that. That being said, I would argue that survivors DCing is far more of a problem for survivors than DCing killers.

If this drives players away it does not matter, because they clearly don't want to play the game to begin with. The time-based penalty system is not a powerful enough deterrent, but forcing players who DC often to play with other players who DC often might teach them a valuable lesson, and maybe, just maybe, they'll stop doing that.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Comments

  • wait how would killers abuse this?, like personally I never dc and I hate when survivors dc, I have matches where survivors dc instantly because I was playing Henry (The First).

    And wdym by dc priority queue?

  • This content has been removed.