Solo Survivor is UNPLAYABLE!
It’s as simple as that: you keep nerfing Survivors while releasing strong Killers, and the result is that it’s becoming increasingly impossible to play Survivor unless you’re in a SWF and only using meta perks.
South American server experience is terrible. Nobody wants to play Survivor anymore. Every match is a strong Killer running regression perks, and the result is that EVERY single match has someone giving up, because the outcome is always the same: 5–4 generators still remaining and everyone on their final hook.
Honestly, I don’t even know how people still play Survivor.
Comments
Yup, and the best defense people have for this is that its a skill issue. The reality is that "skill" is irrelevent in this debate because the topic isn't "I keep losing so I am mad" its actually "ZERO of the most popular killer metas of which Tunneling STILL dominates are fun to deal with at all"
IDC How behaviour solves it, IDC if killer winrate goes up afterwards , Nobody wants to deal with constant tunneling or hex builds, to the point that even outlier builds are getting abysmal to see… if I see a twins anymore i just immediately assume they're playing to slug all 4 people, IDC what the counterplay is to that, I don't want to play against it and win and I dont want to play against it and lose because it isn't fun and it isn't designed in a healthy way from any angle.
I'm sorry, but terrible teammates are not issue of the game. Different topic is that new players are matched with 1000hrs killers who see them as weak link and tunnel them out. That's not really fun for them, but it's more of poor beginner-friendly protection rather than whole solo team issues. I have quite decent teams and most of the loses are to poor loops or poor effieciency. In the end, you don't have to be really good in chases as survivor neither have extraordinary perceptions, you only need to stick to gens and do them as quickly as possible. When you spread so everyone does their own gen, it's a high chance you gonna do well even if people don't last long enough in chase. And complaining about pain res + dms when you can just let of the gen for moment is not reasonable.
Tunneling is by far the most popular and effective killer strategy. The most effective way to counter tunneling is genrushing, but simply spreading gen pressure, especially in solo queue, is not enough to counter a tunneling S tier killer. That isn't even actual genrushing, that's just being efficient, but if you actually genrush then it feels terrible and unfun for killers and they get frustrated in turn.
And Pain Res + DMS is not just a powerful combo because Pain Res kicks you off, it's also powerful because the window for DMS to trigger is so long that especially on a mobility killer (of which most are at least A tier) even if you let go to avoid DMS, the killer can immediately push you off the gen and block it for over half a minute. Yes some of these people just give up too early and too easily, but when tons of people start doing that there is a reason for that, and that's that they have experienced the same thing over and over and are done dealing with it. Tunneling is a problem, and if the only solution to the problem right now is a strat that is unfun to the other side then it's an even bigger issue.
Tunneling is only effecient if you manage to down tunneled survivor quick enough otherwise you leave three people doing gens. Why should killers not tunnel? There is no reward not doing so, so tunneling is always a higher chance of winning especially on -as you mentioned - stronger killers who can down survivors quickly or bypass their protections. If any fresh hook grants global regression, extra bp and aura reading it would incetivize killers from stop tunneling because they will lose those values.
The same problem exists on the Frankfurt European server. Many players use a VPN, MYC or a Python-based region changer script from GitHub to access other servers, seeking a better experience with fewer "sweaty" or toxic matches. I also like using the Python region changer to escape that toxicity, something that is perfectly legal. However, I have reservations about using it in the future due to the Denuvo anti-cheat trial phase. I don't want to get banned just because I want to avoid sweaty, toxic players…